Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

poison with skellies?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Dirkjan, Mar 12, 2004.

1. Dirkjan

Dirkjan IncGamers Member

poison with skellies?

Well I am making a SkelliNecro and having fun and all, but the thing is, I rather use Poison than Decrepify. I have put 1 skill in Decrepify and its level 4 because of my stuff, and for me thats enough.

Is it possible to walk with lvl 4-6 poison though? Is that useful in hell? I wont max it because I have to max my skellies but is it still useful if I put 1 spell in it and have it gain 5 skills with items? I dont want to find out later that I wasted 3 points. I understand its not that good versus baal, but if I can use it against his minions then I am happy :D

2. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

You will have a lot of skill points left after you Max SM/RS. Then you can max your Poison skills. There are a lot of threads covering this hybrid. Just do a little search.

3. Kyo

Kyo IncGamers Member

GRRRRRRRRRRR :rant:

OK i am calm. :surprise:

4. gvandale

gvandale IncGamers Member

I don't see how your can worry about not having enough skills.

20 each rs/sm
    1 ea golem point
    1ea ce / teeth
    1 ea curse

Thats 55 points

with like on average of about another 35-40 to spend depending on how high you want to level. Find out what you like, max it.

g

5. HarbingersOfSkulls

HarbingersOfSkulls IncGamers Member

:drink: :buddies:

I feel your pain

HoSv1

6. JoJeck

JoJeck IncGamers Member

In fact if you really are going to build a hybrid Poison Skellimancer I would recommend 2 things from my own experience.

First, poison kills most monsters faster in Hell than your skellies even if they are 20 RS / 20 SM ... but not all monsters, the immunes are what the skellies are there for. So you might want to sink more points into poison and trim some from the Skeleton Mastery and that will work nicely. My guy at level 81 has invested 20 PD / 2 PE / 20 PN for poison and 20 RS / 11 SM for skellies and I only have about +8 P&B skills when playing. I have just killed Diablo in Hell only losing 3 skellies and 2 healing potions (using a dagger)

Second, if you want the satisfaction of using poison and skellies in Late Normal and Nightmare then develop both skellies and poison together. Maxed skellies are way overpowered in early Nightmare and you would be just a Skellimancer playing with weak poison nova or dagger.

Important points to note are that I do have partial Trangs and a Deaths Web, but I seldom bother to even use the LR curse, so anyone without nice gear can still do it this way but they'd have to play slower and more carefully just like an untwinked Skellimancer would have to in Hell. With my gear I can kill very fast so Pit Runs are quick.

Also I would recommend that when you first raise your skellies you use special summoning gear to "pre-buff" them by using gear with +3 summoning skills. That makes the most of the points you invest in them and they can contribute more by killing faster.

This is a powerful build even without the very best gear. Have fun.

7. gvandale

Jojeck:
    In an effort to put a stop to endless posts of the same mindless horsecrap, just point him to one of the 1/2 dozen already started threads, or one of the 1/2 dozen stickies.

g

8. Necrochild313

Necrochild313 IncGamers Member

perhaps me building a guide to the p/s build will stop the influx of these questions.

...i've been meaning to do that... :p

9. gvandale

I'd enjoy reading your thoughts on a p/s, especially in terms of gear, and useage of skills (amp / or lower res), but I'm sure that once it dies down and gets stickied, nobody will remember to search for it.

g

10. Kyo

Kyo IncGamers Member

ROFL G - i am in tears, blunt and straight to the point :thumbsup:

11. Kyo

Kyo IncGamers Member

OMG - Neeeeeeecro has spoken - We are not worthy. :worship:
    hehe quick put the pain out and make a faq to stop the sufferring. We are all in Pain!!!

Plus it be a good read as well. Looking forward to it m8. :winner:

12. HarbingersOfSkulls

HarbingersOfSkulls IncGamers Member

Very honorable of you to do so....but if they can't read the guides there now...why waste your time do so?

"You can point a camel to water, but you can't make them drink"

speaking of which....I need 1 :drink: here's a round for the rest of you also :drink: :buddies:

HoSv1

13. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

Thanks HoS. I needed that. :drink: