Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Poison/Summon with full trangs (weird idea)

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by batuchka, Apr 18, 2005.

1. batuchka

batuchka IncGamers Member

Poison/Summon with full trangs (weird idea)

Hi all! Last night while running hell pindle withmy bone/summon mf necro a gold unearthed wand dropped and it turned out to be a 2/2/-48 death's web yay!! I have full trang and i am fiddling with an idea that may/may not be original. I was studying the full Trang's Bonus and it has a nice +fire skills and how to fully utilise it in Hell. I am planning a summon/poison necro with:

P/B Tree
    Max Posion Dagger
    Max Posion Explosion
    Max Posion Nova
    zero wall/prison/spear/spirit
    1 into prereqs and bone armor

Summon Tree
    Max Raise Skeleton
    Max/As many points into Skelly Mastery
    Zero FG
    1 revive and prereqs

Curses Tree
    Zero Confuse/Attract
    1 in all

Gear :

Full Trangs
    2/2/48 Death's Web
    Marrows
    +3 summon or +2 necro ammy
    sojs/bk
    3 PnB GCs
    3 Summon GCs
    Weapon Switch :
    Sheild: Trang (yes have too many around lol/to keep full bonus on)
    Weapon : Hexfire Shamshir for +3 fire skills

Now for my weird idea :
    Merc : Might for fat dmg bonus to minions
    Helm: Tals/Crown of Theives
    Armor: Duriels Shell
    Weapon: Eth 'Obedience' Thresher

Obedience runeword gives -25% fire resistance hence with my Lower Resist and fire skills i'd figure i shall make full use of trang's bonus and actually kill stuff in hell with it hehe. So i'd deal poison (p.nova) /physical (merc/golem/skellies/revives) and fire (trangs) in hell Also Obedience comes with 40% crushing blow (!), - req and up to 30res all and nice confirmed 370ed hehe. The weapon switch ensure i can deal with Poison Immunes with my fire skills coupled with the Obedience weapon and Lower Resist. The ammy choice could be better with a Seraph's (for now) or Mara's ideally? Is my idea far fetched? I read the guides for summon/poison and is it better to max RS instead of SM? Thks for any one who could enlighten me :D

2. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

I'm sorry but the -25% enemy fire resist on Obedience only works for the fire damage that your merc does:( Besides if you are poison/summon hybrid it would be easier/faster to let your skellies take care of the poison immunes. You can still use the fire skills, they do add some damage to speed things up a bit. Obedience is still a killer runeword and the 40% crushing blow is very sweet against act bosses.

For your amulet choice Mara's is way superior to Seraph's Hymn.

It is probably better to max Raise Skeleton to get more skeletons, since each skeleton you get adds some damage and some life to your "summoning pool", and with +skills Skeleton Mastery will be okayish.

3. Myrakh-2

Myrakh-2 IncGamers Member

The firewalls (forget fireball (I'm using that in early normal) and meteor (I never use that, except when I'm bored waiting for someone, so I drop some meteors around the place)) can easily kill stuff in hell, especially if you have skellies to lock targets in place.
    Just don't expect to impress a fire sorc, but it's a capable backup skill.

I'm not using Hexfire, so I only have full trangs and annihilus to count towards the firewalls, but it works very well vs. hard physical immunes for me, or to soften things up when my crowd gets stuck in a door --- especially when I decide to go "elemental mode", throwing Lower Resist instead of Amp Damage on the targets... (yes, I know that my mages also add damage to the mix).

It's also very nice in tight places such as Maggots Lair (needs some practice to cast the firewalls in a 90 degree angle so they fill the passage) or Arcane Sanctuary (the Spectre things tend to stack on top of each other... although I'm not entirely sure that I'm really burning all of them at the same time).

4. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

The fireballs hit plenty hard if you wield moonfall and a ring with slvl 5 charges of firebolt; though I have concern.

What I am not sure about though is the 4th piece of Trang's Oskill meteor ruining the charge/synergy bug. If it does, which I am assuming is true, the Oskill acts as a staffmod and makes the skill read as 0 slvl, thus no synergy is given. That means moonfall with the full set will not be helpful, but the ring of firebolt and hexfire will increase the damage greatly.

Fireball is a nice skill to use before completing the set, the FCR with a high energy fireball is a good 1 enemy killer, for instance a boss character you have trapped in a bone prison. I have a nice screeny of a MagiBarb taking down an FE boss using that techinic :) .

5. Necrochild313

Necrochild313 IncGamers Member

This is true. Raise skeleton gains an "invisible" + base dmg per lvl after lvl 9 IIRC, I wish I could find the post that has the details but it gets to the point where you get more +base dmg with RS than you do with SM...in additon to ED%, more AR, and more warriors.

6. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

I've played around with the idea of dropping firewalls on top of the LR'd novas, the amped skellie attacks, the corpse explosions, and my Merc, but it makes my head hurt.

7. batuchka

batuchka IncGamers Member

Necrochild : Thks for your advice :D More comforting coming from an experienced player hehe.

Uzziah: So rings/amulets/wands can get slvl 5 firebolt charges max then or is higher possible? Very nice idea and i am planning to take that up as i want have fun with trangs hehe.

To all: Hmm ok i read stuff on pallies too and for V/T they have this 'skill points optimisation' to split their points between FOH/Conviction for max FOH damage so i though hey why dun we have a skill optimisation for say 30 pts split for RS/SM for max dmg/life of skellies here in the Necro Forum? For example a pure boner with 20 in Teeth/Wall/Spear/Spirit may one day think : 'hey i wanna go item running and have fun with summons w/o building a new char and with GCs, AOKL and Marrows i can have 35++ or more skill points to sink into summoning tree so what would i do here?' What you guys think?

8. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

That one is easy. Always pump RS first and then pump SM. RS will always give you better Skellies. You'll need SM, but only after RS is taken care of. Things change if we start to talk about very low numbers of skill points, but at those levels you're better of not trying to take Skellies.