Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Poison Ranger

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Perfect_11., Jan 29, 2004.

1. Perfect_11.

Perfect_11. IncGamers Member

Poison Ranger

OK so heres a guide i took from my idea with an asn, but since venom really makes ur pd weird and less effective, i decided maybe conviction would help a lot. Ok so i would be using widowmaker with as much pdscs as possible.

Widowmaker
    Kiras
    Cats eye
    Gores
    Trang gloves
    Shaft
    Tgods
    Dunno what rings
    as many pdscs, lcs, and gcs as possible

Skills:
    20 Fanatacism
    20 Conviction
    20 FoH
    10 vigor

So i guess the plant would be to use conviction, poison them, then switch to foh and foh them to death. If they get too close just vigor away. fanat would be for fast pvm'ing. Please post suggestions/criticisms. The plan is Foh for advanciing people, and poison for far away. Charge is also a possiblity on weapn switch.. maybe a jewelers cryptic sword of eviscration with 4 eths (pvp itd???) to get that 1 last hit point off. I dunno but i wanna take this so dubbed "Project Viper" to the max and make it an effective unique pvp char. Thx for ur time.

2. Raven-Hood

Raven-Hood IncGamers Member

First off, why trang gloves. They only help poison skills. Why fanat? Why vigor? If you are using foh, use holy shock as a synergy? Why widowmaker, why not a poison damage bow?

If you manage to get this guide really indepth and effective, and learn that this (According to the new naming of ranger subclasses by the ranger community) is called a Faithful (conviction) Ranger/Fohdin hybrid that uses poison, we can include it in the ranger index.

Raven-Hood

3. Perfect_11.

i thought trang gloves increased poison damage... o well.... it did on my assassin.... and a wdiowmaker because in pvp its a TON easier to hit with guided arrow.... uhh and i am not very exerienced with vigor but i kinda had 2 thought in mind- charge + vigor to finish off or foh + convic to finish off. This is not a ranger then i guess... rangers dont use guided?

4. Perfect_11.

and why does conviction not lower poison resist? I coulda sworn the last time an enemy had conviction all my resist were red....(like negative)

5. HardyZ

HardyZ IncGamers Member

well, nice to see someone trying this build.

i second you on the use of widowmaker that's absolutely not a bad idea, it can be as effective as a poison bow depending how you build/play it, and you're right, "aiming" with GA is a lot easier :xtongue:

fana, however, will be quite useless with this build.

Vigor is quite to your liking, for mobility purpose maybe.
    you'll have plenty of spare points anyway.

No, trang's gloves don't increase poison dmg, but poison skills dmg, as mentionned before.

yes, conviction effectively reduce poison resists as well.

I'd advise you to stress a bit more on resists through your gear, as you won't really have room for many resists charms if you want to fill up with poison dmg.

and don't mind the rude answer above, you can name your character whatever you want, you don't have anything to "learn".

it will be a pain to level in the mid-levels and you'll need a lot of poison charms at higher levels, but in the end it might really be worth it.

Anyway, good luck with your build and share your experience with us when you finish it! :xsmile:

:xfrosty: HardyZ :xfrosty:

6. Boogie

Boogie IncGamers Member

Cool build maybe, I suggest some Open Wounds for extra nice lifetapping, maybe get that from Um rune in Bow, Draculs or Gore Riders.

Let us know how he fares in duels

BTW: 4 eth's doesnt give PVP ITD, since eths has ½ effect in pvp so you would need 8 eth runes.

For charms, Pestilent Small Charm's Of Inertia would be perfect, since you would have to stay on the move since both your attacks are ranged you wanna avoid getting up close.

7. Perfect_11.

yes i knew conviction had an effect in pvp. Ok good. I will then scrap the shael in the bow and go for 20 ias gloves instead. I chose kiras for massive resist + cannot be frozen. Now for the bow, i am thinking um, or lo. If i switch with highlords i can effectively have double damage, but thiat is not the point of this build. I am thinking right now UM in bow+gores+draculs may have an interesting effect. I'll let you know on the results.

8. Perfect_11.

ok.. bad news... conviction does not lower poison resist. Instead i may have to use vigor to get around this. I think openwounds+around maybe 2000 poisn damage should lower their health quickly. Do poison facets work with pd?? And also goresdraculs+um is best way to get open wounds right? Maybe i should scrap shaft and get toothrow since i really wouldnt get hit very much with a high level vigor. Also do bow attaks only have 1/2 f your actual chance for cb, deadly strike, etc etc?

9. aussy

aussy Banned

Psn facets do not workw tih psn damage. Any increase psn dmg gear says "increase ____ skills dmg by X%"

10. Raven-Hood

Raven-Hood IncGamers Member

My reply was not rude or was not intended to be rude.

Either way, out of convinience if everyone used the terms on the ranger index. (even though I think a lot of them sound lame)

Also, Rangers can use ga if they want to, but I really hate widowmaker.

Raven-Hood

11. Perfect_11.

and why is that lol? If it were pvm i would stick to a 6 emerald bow, buts its not pvm. Its pvp. having inherent itd and homing makes the widowmaker a top choice. By the way to everyone readng this i'm going to start a new thread on my results with an old pally with ths stuff on. Im going to start a new pally and i only want to do it once so i would like all you input.