Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

poison necro question

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by groin, Apr 9, 2005.

1. groin

groin IncGamers Member

poison necro question

for a pvp poison necro, how many points in fire golem??

the holy fire damage will do 70 damage only even with level 30 fire golem, if the other person has MDR then will it do zero?

should poison necro even have fire golem? it costs too much mana

2. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

Most people just put in 1 point and let +skills boost him. Keep in mind that all you need to do to remove that last hp from an enemy is recasting Nova.

3. Necrochild313

Necrochild313 IncGamers Member

MDR will make fire golem worthless no matter how many points you have into it after pvp penalties. Keep it at a 1 point and +skills, because if the aura won't kill them, the death explosion likely will. Spamming fire golem for the death explosion is alot easier at earlier levels, it's damage is the same no matter what level (100 phys and 100 fire I believe). If your going spam FG remember to namelock them beforehand ;)

Teeth is also a great way to get rid of that last point, and, as MM said, another nova works wonderfully, especially vs. those pesky windies.

4. groin

groin IncGamers Member

any other ways to take off that last 1 hp aside from teeth and nova and golem :( i hate how hoto will cause them to regen to 5 or 6 whenever i take them to 1 with nova

5. Zpliffman

Zpliffman IncGamers Member

Personally I had the same problem as you. Not knowing which golem i should take. Most people that responded to my post said that i should go with the clay golem. For the simple reasons: Fast to cast, has slow, and it doesnt cost a lot of mana. Now for me the clay golem works like a charm but it is always personal opinion of which one works for you, but my vote goes to the clay golem.

Hope this helps

6. Necrochild313

Necrochild313 IncGamers Member

Bone spirit/spear works.

Also, if their low I sometimes do a suicide lunge and teleport on top of them and spam spirit. I wouldn't recommend this though :D .

I use Gumby as well, since he's generally a better tank (unless it's a fireball sorc...Fire Golem wins that hands down (duh) ) and he slows, though when the enemy is hit with a nova I usually summon Fire Golem in his place to try to take advantage of the holy-fire type effect (for the last point).