Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Poison Necro question(s)

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Shenk_The_Underachiever, Mar 31, 2004.

1. Shenk_The_Underachiever

Shenk_The_Underachiever Banned

Poison Necro question(s)

Hey all. I'm about to d/l 1.10(yes, still don't have it), and have a question about the new Necro synergies. I see that the skill Poison Dagger now, with synergies, looks like it packs quite a wallop. Is this a viable pvm skill, or has the 1.10 patch made most monsters poison-resist? I'll keep that question it for now. Thanks. :drink:

2. JEDi-MiNDTRiCKS

JEDi-MiNDTRiCKS Banned

Not very viable for pvm, (I take it you're single player) for some monsters will have poison immune, and you will have nothing to back it up. i suggest putting pts in skeleton/SM for immunes, and I'm not too sure, but LR might ghet rid of poison immune, I know conviction did.

3. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

Poisondagger is a very viable skill. A Daggermancer can survive quite nicely. What you have to keep in mind is that the poison builds are more item dependant than other builds. But the benefit of having a Daggermancer is that you have both physical and poison damage. If you get a good dagger than you can be dealing a lot of damage without all too expensive equipment.

4. AzulAzul

AzulAzul IncGamers Member

i have one, and is very good, try it.

u have to get good equipement, but my poison does 5600 poison damage, of course i dont kill the imunes, but thats like the fire sorc dont kill fire imune,the cold sorc dont kill cold imune, etc.

but, the necro have the curses, amplify or lower resist, this is what i use, is cool for me and for the party, and this type if necro have corpse explosion too, so its very viable.

greetings

5. Shenk_The_Underachiever

Shenk_The_Underachiever Banned

Thanks for all the input. It is very appreciated. I have just begun playing 1.10, sp of course, and I am truly giddy with having an army of skellies that actually KILL stuff! I haven't had this much fun with DII since the day I began playing 2 years ago! They really did a good job with the Necro for new patch. Yeah, for some reason I didn't even think about LR for my poison....man, been out of the game to long! Peace, y'all! :drink:

6. unseenSNIPER

unseenSNIPER IncGamers Member

will LR (lower resist) take away the immunities of Poison immunes?

7. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

Sometimes the immunity gets broken. It depends on the monster having more than 120% (IIRC) PR. But then be can still have a -100% poison duration. That is something LR can't break.