Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Poison + lightning, but not fury

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by xen, Jun 4, 2015.

1. xen

xen Diabloii.Net Member

I would like to create an Amazon that does a melee lightning attack (Lightning Strike) together with a distance Poison throw (Plague Javelin). I want to couple it with a holy freeze merc.

Is this at all feasible?

I mean for hell level. I have not often played Hell, this is my first build on Battle.net (closed) and my first real Hardcore character.

I could imagine most of the points going into damage skills rather than evasive stuff or a valkyrie.

Lightning Strike has four synergies and of course Plague Javelin only one.

Diversity is key in my builds but it's hard to do with the synergies. Fully synergizing Lightning Strike together with Plague Javelin requires at least 100 points. I would like to just rest it easy on that with 30 points in poison and ~50-60 in lightning. That doesn't leave much room for anything else.

I have in the past found that while Lightning Strike is an attractive idea in principle, in practice Fury played much easier. I might just drop the whole melee thing but I have fancy for it. More to say about dual immunities or even single immunities of course.

Only lightning just doesn't cut it for me. I think the easiest build would be Lightning Fury + Plague and then a Valkyrie to go with it. Perhaps even Charged Strike + Fury is even more possible. Lightning Strike seems to be a difficult beast.

I'm a relaxed player, I don't mind if it goes more slowly. Also Safer. I don't know how to trade yet and If I will be able to. I have Always played on SPTF but I don't agree with their rules. I want to try it on battlenet this time. I'm not even sure if I'll have much time to play. The downside of battle.net might be that trading is even harder compared to the SPTF forums.

So my question is: is Lightning Strike + poison a feasibility for someone who doesn't put much demand on high throughput?

Oh, I forgot to mention. I am going to use this build as a bit of a magic finder as well. I think it would be easy because it is primarily a skills-based build.

I'm sorry, it seems Battle.net is completely dead? There is hardly anyone in the chats, there are some games, but not much. I have not found anyone to talk to yet.

Now I see this forum has not seen any posts.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2015
  2. Archone

Archone Diabloii.Net Member

Poison overall aint that good imo. Not for an Amazon.
    I go full lightning with Jab or fend for LI's.

Most skillpoints wouldve forced into the Jav tree, but I find it hard to gear my own light amazons with alot of mf. So Id imagine yours being either very slow, or just incapable of wearing over 100mf.

3. xen

xen Diabloii.Net Member

I am just wondering whether the combination will not work, even if both trees are less than they would be, you still combine them because poison just goes on in the background. You can plague a crowd and then you go in and do the lightning strike thing. I find it works very well but this is still in Normal.

4. superdave

superdave Diabloii.Net Member

was the poison cloud bug ever fixed? the last time i checked, it still didn't do any damage.

5. xen

xen Diabloii.Net Member

I don't know, it certainly did do damage on normal at low levels.

Can't say I will use it though, it is plague all the way. Poison is very slow and would perhaps override the plague damage, or vice versa.