Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Poison Damage

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by Barloc, Sep 4, 2006.

1. Barloc

Barloc IncGamers Member

Poison Damage

I keep hearing that having poison damage on your character prevents DS and CB. True or False?

2. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

100% False. Then BvCs that got Venom wouldn't do ****s of damage, which is not correct, they do damage.

3. Barloc

Barloc IncGamers Member

Thx, I thought that was a bunch of crap. But where are people coming up with that nonsense? Even funnier, the last barb who told me that, was prebuffed with venom, I believe, as his Griefz had a nice green tint to it!:shocked:

4. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

That's not the best of it. I've heard that DS only works with Fire damage ([email protected] having 5-30 fire damage) and lots of others. Such as that Botd has somekind of an IAS bug and thus it does more damage than Grief, which is total bull****. Why would a bug associated with IAS only occur with a certain runeword in a certain type of a weapon? Oh yeah, it makes no sense.

5. Barloc

Barloc IncGamers Member

Wait, I thought using venom lowered your total poison damage, so if you had say a few high poison damage charms, then cast venom, the damage would go down alot because of venoms .4 sec penalty, or maybe I'm missing something.

6. Lyrs

Lyrs IncGamers Member

That is correct and it's also one of the issues behind these rumours. Someone, somewhere loaded up a bunch of psn charms, somehow activated venom, then while playing realize that the dmg they are doing is not the same as what they see on their screen.