Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Poison damage question for thrower // BO question // Open Wounds Question

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by Calizzar, Sep 21, 2006.

1. Calizzar

Calizzar IncGamers Member

Poison damage question for thrower // BO question // Open Wounds Question

Hey, If i gathered up a bunch of poison damage charms on my thrower barb, how is the damage calculated? If all the charms say for example 100 damage over 3 seconds, does it do 300 damage over 3 seconds if i have 3, or 300 damage over 9 seconds?

And what happens if my opponent is hit by another axe?

And i heard something about BO only muplitiplying hard vit pointd and +life but not +vit, can someone explain?

Is Open Wounds good on a thrower (dual lacerators)? I was reading a guide on how it works, but i dont understand it. It says at level 86 or something, its 530 damage over 8 seconds, but that is actual damage off their life, with nothing stopping it right? And is it harder to trigger from ranged then from melee? Keep in mind this is basically a pvp question

thanks

2. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

Damage stacks, duration stays. However, this is nothing great. With 290 damage over 11 seconds, with 40 of these charms, you will end up doing 44.81 damage per second to an opponent that has 75% PR (most can and will have 85% via antidotes).

Poison from charms and weapons is separate btw.

What do you mean?

You see, let's say battle orders gives +134% life. That means all +life (a pruby in your helm for example) will be multiplied by 2.34. However, this does not apply for +vitality (verdungo's for example) or +life/lvl (Shako for example). These sources only add their life AFTER bo, which is the exactly amount. For 40 vitality on Dungo's, you gain 160 life, not 375. For +123 life on Shako, you gain 123 life, not 288.

Things that do and do not get multipled by by:
    Do get:
    +life
    points in vitality (aka +life)
    +mana
    points in energy (aka +mana)
    Do not get:
    +vitality
    +vitality/lvl
    +life/lvl
    +energy
    +energy/lvl

There's only 1 way to stop/reduce Open wounds: Life regeneration. You see, Open Wounds is actually negative Life regeneration. With positive life regeneration, you can negate it. (-2) + 3 = 1.

And it might be a lot harder to trigger OW via throwing, as it's easily dodgeable.

3. Calizzar

Calizzar IncGamers Member

what i meant by getting hit by a second axe, does all te poison damage reset or something.

And if poison charms really arent that great, wy where 290 poison charms so popular back in the day?

4. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

The timer will reset (in the case of 290s, if it's at 5 seconds, it will be at 11 now).

I do not know, I've only played in .10 on.