Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Poison Dagger, other sources of poison?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by belth, Feb 18, 2004.

1. belth

belth IncGamers Member

Poison Dagger, other sources of poison?

How does it work?

Currently my Venomancer has Blackbog's on swap to poke bosses with. He also sports a 6% MF SC with 15/3 poison and a 10% lite res SC with 15/3 poison too.
    The stats screen of false information gives me 22k-23k damage on Poison Dagger, delving the skill itself gives 21603-22368 over 15.2 seconds (slvl34/+30% psn dmg). Blackbog's is 488/10 and add those charms in. AFAIK usually it would result in PD+bog's+SCs (for this case), giving out 22121/7.8 seconds. Having read some over at Lounge and Basin, I'm not entirely sure it goes that way.

2. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

Have you tried to work everything over to damage per frame and then work back up from there?

3. belth

belth IncGamers Member

Propably going to today, wasn't really feeling up to the task last night ^^

4. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

It could make a difference. I do not really know what Blizz did this time to work out poison damge. It seems to change every patch.

5. belth

belth IncGamers Member

Well, very preliminary "real world testing" gave these results, with test subject of Hell Baal, under the influence of LR:

1) Blackbog's dagger and slvl34 Poison Dagger, no psn charms: Baal stayed green for about 25 seconds, which is the listed duration of PDagger at slvl34 combined with the 10 seconds from Blackbog's.

2) Fleshripper and slvl29 Poison Dagger, no psn charms: Game lists 13.2 seconds for duration and Baal was green happily for approx 17-18 seconds, which coincides with being 130% duration being increased by my +poison skill dmg% (Trang's gloves and 1 facet).

If 2 poison sources were averaged, Baal should've been green for 16-17 seconds in case 1.

As for the damage caused? No idea, my merc was happily pounding Baal with his Steel Pillar (25% CB) and the OW from Fleshripper triggered.

Gonna test some more tomorrow, with 3 and 4 sources of poison.