Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Poison Dagger *bug* ??

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Kyo, Feb 26, 2004.

1. Kyo

Kyo IncGamers Member

Poison Dagger *bug* ??

Just been reading Kbob's commando guide (great read btw) but was wondering can someone clarify what this poison dagger bug. I know you get addiation AR etc but what about the poison dmg payload?

Cheers

Kyo :worship:

2. Beatboxer

Beatboxer Member

Just Ar with non-dagger weapons is all...no additional bonuses. Can be thought of like penetrate for an Amazon.

Funny thing about it, if you haven't allready noticed, is that your actual Ar will not display in the char screen, but your "chance to hit"(cth) will apear if you hover the spot where your Attack should be.

3. Kyo

Kyo IncGamers Member

Nice 1 BB, Phew! just had a fright thinking that i am investing into PD and it useless when i use my FleshRipper!!! ....nah i dun have one ...yet ...but i can at least dream?? :flip:

4. Beatboxer

Beatboxer Member

I'll be dreamin' right along with ya Kyo...now who has the best chance to drop the thing... :scratch: :)

5. gvandale

gvandale IncGamers Member

if it may help either of you...

i have a fleshripper on east ladder u can have (if i can find it) for free.

6. Necrochild313

Necrochild313 IncGamers Member

FREE PLZ! GIMMAH IDEM!!! CAN I have FREEE???

PLZ!

lol...sorry I just couldn't help myself :D

Another thing to be noted is the fact that the "pdagger" bug is not limited to only the necromancer. Any skill that gives an AR bonus to a player will continue to do so even when the skill is "redded out" and the attack defaults to normal attack.

7. Kyo

Kyo IncGamers Member

Necrochild - Clear out your mailbox dude. Been a nightmare trying to pm you!!! It been full for about a month now :lol:.

you got me addicted to the Poisonmancer and i need your advise now :D

8. gvandale

best monsters other then hell baal first kill:

Death Brigadier [TC] Hell 0.64519288
    Demon Sprite [TC] Hell 0.64519288
    Hell Temptress [TC] Hell 0.64519288

9. Kyo

Kyo IncGamers Member

o0o nice 1. Gonna try hunt for my fleshripper. :)

Unforunately i play on europe/ladder as much as i'd like to take up on your generous offer.

Cheers :drink:

Kyo

10. gvandale

np kyo, and good luck.

*edit* also, if your curious as to where to find that kind of information, go to d2data.net and look there. they have tons of info about tc, and the like. it's been extremely helpful in optimizing my mf'ing attempts.

g

:yep:

11. Kyo

Kyo IncGamers Member

hehe thought Necro was going to burst a blood vessel or change into Golem from LotR there. Can you just picture him. ROFL

12. jmprockstar

jmprockstar IncGamers Member

While I do not doubt that those data about where to find a Fleshripper are trustworthy, I confess that none of those monsters have ever dropped them. I got mine from a Pit run, the same run during which I got a Blackbog's. I had a feeling that Battle.net WANTED me to make a Daggermancer.

Somewhere on this forum there has to be a decent guide about building one of those. I'll need one, since I'm a stranger to the p/b tree. :scratch:

13. Beatboxer

Beatboxer Member

I've felt the same way with drops sometimes...first Strafeazon I made, about a billion Nefs (knockback rune) dropped. I'm swayed to think the game has an innate inteligence behind it's drops at times.

Nope. No decent, or half-way decent, or even existent Daggermancer guide on this forum, or any that I know. Closest thing I've seen (there could have been one 1.09 and before I didn't see ) is a post I made laying out my equip and build, and expressing interest in writing one...that post was wiped with forum crash.

The daggermancer is implausible outside of the structure of the poisonmancer build, hence you will be a Poisonmancer (duh though right? ) no matter your use of your dagger...basically.

The difference in gear/skills choices, if you wanted to melee alot (which is almost impossible without dying, as a necro, sometimes) lies in a few melee oriented twinks you could look into implementing. Mostly obvious stuff but some of it a lil' more subtle.

I've outlined a few key points, in considering Melee as the necro, in Thekbob's commando guide, near the end of the pages. My handbook, in the stickied encyclo talks a lil' Daggermancer as well.

If your further interested, outside of those sources...just private message me. :drink:

:buddies: