Poison Creeper

PFS

Diabloii.Net Member
Poison Creeper

Ages ago I had a summon druid, and was thinking about making another as a bit of a novelty char - for messing about and have some questions on Poison Creeper

1. Does Poison Creeper damage stack?
I notice that monsters that walk across the middle get nuked by poison creeper, while ones that skim the sides and only hit one pad on the sides take much much less damage - do the outer pads do less damage or the monsters walking across the middle get fried by getting infected 10 times?

2. I notice it seems to work better when there are lots of monsters on the screen, and seems to do much more damage than it's stats would suggest. What gives?

Thanks for any help :)

SSoG

Diabloii.Net Member
Thanks for the help, Trumpet!

Anyway, I've since been reading up on Creeper and have a better understanding of how it works. With a single monster on the mat, PC will function exactly like it says it does. With multiple monsters on the mat, PC goes berserk and deals way more than its listed damage- something to the order of 25 times its listed damage, to be exact. Best of all, in Berserko PC Mode, you can stack mats and have them all deal damage concurrantly (you can't against single monsters, though). Since the Mats last for 5 seconds + the slvl of PC, with a high-level Creeper (say, level 30), you can get the mats to last for quite a long time (35 seconds). If you spam PC at a target, the creeper will constantly lay down new mats, so that it's really no trouble to stack mats 8 deep, or even deeper.

If you managed to stack mats 8-deep and get them all to go into Berserko Mat Mode (i.e. get two different enemies standing on the mats), you'll be dealing somewhere in the neighborhood of 200 times the listed PC damage. So, for instance, that slvl 30 Creeper SAYS it's doing 151 damage over 4 seconds, but stack those mats 8 deep and send them into Berserko mod, and you'll be dealing potentially 30,000 damage to any unsuspecting monsters.

The damage from PC is certainly hell-viable, but the limitations (i.e. it only works if you can get multiple monsters standing on the mats) make it a very difficult skill to use as your primary, if you are so inclined. It does make a great support skill, though- excellent way to take out Physical Immunes, or if you're an Elementalist, Fire Immunes.

PFS

Diabloii.Net Member
The damage from PC is certainly hell-viable, but the limitations (i.e. it only works if you can get multiple monsters standing on the mats) make it a very difficult skill to use as your primary, if you are so inclined. It does make a great support skill, though- excellent way to take out Physical Immunes, or if you're an Elementalist, Fire Immunes.
Thanks for that :)

I agree - having played a summon druid last season I can say it is definately a hell viable skill.

Fun to use in Cow games :)