Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

poison charms

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by smeer, Apr 24, 2008.

1. smeer

smeer IncGamers Member

poison charms

Hi, I think I've read somewhere here that you should not use poison charms with different poison length. However I could not find the thread.
    Is this still true?

2. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

Re: poison charms

That depends. If you're after poison for its cancelling out hp generation for the longest possible duration, then be aware that all poison damage sources have their timers averaged. Which means that if you pack 10 seconds from your weapon, then put on a 2 sec psn charm, then 2 + 10 / 2 = 6 seconds duration, meaning you're "losing" 4 seconds poison. However, the poison bite damage adds together, so this isn't an issue, as long as you hit the enemy again (or the enemy dies) within those 6 seconds.

I also remember something about poison dagger and multiple sources of poison that wasn't a good idea, try searching for it.

3. Cius

Cius IncGamers Member

Is there not a sticky in the necro or amazon forum called the tau of poison? Pretty sure that covers everything.

Can't seem to find it offhand, its mentioned though and summarized in the daggermancer guide in the necro stickies.

4. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

The Tao of Poison is 1.09 info IIRC, it may not be updated yet. (Though someone should...) IIRC the only thing really different is that missile attacs now work like melee attacks, that is average psn duration, not all durations added for sick damage.

Also, 1.10+ monsters have a LOT more HP than their 1.09 counterparts, and facets etc. didn't exist in 1.09.