Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Poison bug(s)?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Patch Bug Reports & Suggestions' started by Sasooni, Feb 13, 2004.

1. Sasooni

Sasooni IncGamers Member

Poison bug(s)?

As I was merrily kicking monster *** in the Halls of the Dead normal, I've had D2 for over two years but this was my first time necro, I was poisoned by a zombie. Panicking as I watched my red globe vanishing, I hurridly quaffed light healing potions. This was the first bug. Despite my mercs lvl 3 prayer, my +5 health regen and numerous light healing potions, the poison continued to do exactly the same amount of damage to me and it was a lot of damage. I'm talking about 40pts a second with 15% pois res.

Anyhow, seeing that my character had 30hp and falling, I shrugged and prepared to respawn. However, once the poison had dropped my health to 1hp it's effects stopped, though I was still poisoned as I was green and healing potions had no effect on my health.

Are these bugs?

2. warlock_666

warlock_666 IncGamers Member

in answer to your health going down alot, thats no problem, those zombies have VERY strong poison, you just dont have enough resistance yet.

as to stopping at 1hp, no thats not a bug either - thats how it works. characters cant die from poison, only monsters who you posion can.

No bugs here luckily!

3. Sasooni

Sasooni IncGamers Member

Great thanks! I usualy play barbarians who have high natural resis, so I've never been affected by poison before... :cool:

4. iceball_aarf

iceball_aarf IncGamers Member

Just a note:
    Characters can and will die from poison if the poison was applied by a druid with the rabies skill ...