Poisin mancer help

oxman112

Diabloii.Net Member
Poisin mancer help

I was thinkin bout startin a poisin necro, and I'm not exactly the richest, so I was wondering what some good.. Mid budget items would be for one? I was thinking along the lines of..

Peasent Crown
Wizard spike (cast rate wooo)
Homnoculus
Trangs Gloves

I have no idea for the rest.. any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

plasteredkittylizard

Diabloii.Net Member
oxman112 said:
I was thinkin bout startin a poisin necro, and I'm not exactly the richest, so I was wondering what some good.. Mid budget items would be for one? I was thinking along the lines of..

Peasent Crown
Wizard spike (cast rate wooo)
Homnoculus
Trangs Gloves

I have no idea for the rest.. any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Slightly OT here, but does FCR really hold any value to a poisonmancer? I don't recall spamming nova as viable in 1.09 for some reason...

Br_

Diabloii.Net Member
Blackbog dagger and Trang Armor are pretty easy to get ahold of. I think I traded some stuff I got for free from some guy to obtain these items.
To lazy to post stats on items so go to www.battle.net/diablo2exp and check them out under unique and set items.

Br_

Muffassa

Diabloii.Net Member
I have been playing mine, and FCR doesn't seem to help much. I think it is because p-nova takes 2 seconds to do it's damage, so as long as you can cast it every 2 seconds, your in good shape. if a second wave hits a monster, all it does is reset the poison counter, so 1 cast every 2 seconds is all you need.

You may want to consider the runeword bramble for extra poision damage, and if u are carying trangouls wing (shield) plus 2 other items (gloves and belt probably) you get an extra -25% enemy poison resistance so with that combo you get +25 on gloves, -25% enemy on shield. Keep Homoculous on switch for resistances.

JCX

Diabloii.Net Member
Here's what i'd recommend on a budget setup :
-Trangs wing, armor, gloves and belt (little tougher to get). You want the 3 items because of the -25% enemy poison resist from the wing. You also get some nice bonuses from the partial set.
-Gloomstrap or some other belt if you can't get Trangs.
-Resist rings
-+skills ammy
-+skills hat (peasant crown is ok, would pref either a +2 all or +3 p+b).
-+skills wand. A good white wand (with inherent +nova) would be really nice. Helps the p + b tree and skellies.
- silks, marrows (help the skellies) or resist boots.

These items should be easy to come by and provide a solid character. In my experience +skills >>> fcr for poison. I use Trangs full set and he casts sloooow. Doesn't matter to me cuz nova takes 2 seconds to do it's work.

My dream setup would be :
-Trang's belt, gloves, wing
-Death's Web
-Bramble
-Dual SOJ
-Harley or very nice +2 circlet
-Nice +2 ammy or +3 p+b

patheticloser

Diabloii.Net Member
I have been wondering. I have a full desciple set, it adds some to psn damage. Would it be usefull? It gives a total of +3 to skills (1 from the ammy 2 from the full set). I have a +3 to P&B overseerskull, and a +3 P&B helm. Would this work? I am very poor so I don't have the real good necro stuff like the arm of king leoric or a homouculucs.

hay pathetic,

are u on ladder or non? us west or east. if u are on us west non-ladder i can help u out with necro stuff. i am a mid rich guy so i have xtras and stuff. tell me wut realm ur on and if ur on ladder or non

patheticloser

Diabloii.Net Member
ZEn_MAster said:
hay pathetic,

are u on ladder or non? us west or east. if u are on us west non-ladder i can help u out with necro stuff. i am a mid rich guy so i have xtras and stuff. tell me wut realm ur on and if ur on ladder or non
Actually, I am on ladder east. But thanks for the offer.

jmprockstar

Diabloii.Net Member
I have some poisonmancer questions myself

I've gotten my poisonmancer to lvl20, and I have been investing points in summon mastery and few skellis as outlined in the Necro Bible. Is this wise? I've never played this kind of necro before, so I'm at a loss.

The idea was to wait until pnova was available before putting points into poison skills. So far, I have 14 into master, 3 into warrior, 1 clay, 1 golem mastery, 1 teeth, and 1 CE. I was going to put on more into master and then save up points for poison skills. What do you guys think?

Mad Mantis

D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator
This is not the most commonly used method of building up your Skellies. Most people pump Skellies first and then pump Mastery.

I take it that your are going to be building up your Poison skills later on. How are you planning on allocating these points?