*points and laughs at Texas*

toader

Banned
I didnt know it was illegal to sell that stuff.

Weird outdated laws...I guess every state has them.

You know, here in Oklahoma, Oral Sex isnt legal. Even by a married couple. Also, any sexual position other than missionary is considered illegal also.

Wuhan_Clan

Diabloii.Net Member
wow, i never knew all this

I thought it never mattered how we prayed in this country so I assumed that it never mattered how we f***ed.

Lone_C

Diabloii.Net Member
Gloria Gillaspie, a pastor at Lighthouse Church in Burleson, said she has met and counseled some women who had talked to Webb about the products she sold.

"It was causing problems with their marriages," she said.
This is just stupid. If the stuff they bought is causing problems in their marriage, how is that the merchants' fault? Nothing was malfunctioning or anything......

Underseer

Diabloii.Net Member
Lone_C said:
This is just stupid. If the stuff they bought is causing problems in their marriage, how is that the merchants' fault? Nothing was malfunctioning or anything......
Maybe it wasn't the merchandise that was malfunctioning and they need someone to blame. :D

Personally, my favorite quote from the article is
The company [Passion Parties] has representatives in every state and is doing some of its best business in California, New York and the Bible Belt

piff

Diabloii.Net Member
Everyone knew what they'd be exposed to, and it didn't harm a soul...it's a bad law, in my opinion.

Maverikk

Diabloii.Net Member
[News voice]In response to this bust, adult product peddlers begin to sell their products in the shady ghettos of Texas in overly large overcoats en masse. Interested customers are seen leaving the general suspected areas with plastic bags containing what seems to be dildos...[/News voice]

Choogy

Diabloii.Net Member
Heh...when its actually described and its uses its illegal, but as a "novelty" it is not...lol

Underseer

Diabloii.Net Member
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Texas have unusually a lot more strip joints and sex shops per capita compared to other states?

ScanMan

Diabloii.Net Member
Underseer said:
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Texas have unusually a lot more strip joints and sex shops per capita compared to other states?
Boy, I can't wait to see your source for this "fact"

Smelly

Diabloii.Net Member
ScanMan said:
Boy, I can't wait to see your source for this "fact"
Doesn't look like he's stating it as a fact, but then again I'm the village idiot so my opinion means nothing.

giantpinkbunnyhead

Diabloii.Net Member
Smelly said:
Doesn't look like he's stating it as a fact, but then again I'm the village idiot so my opinion means nothing.
I can't find cold hard proof, but a quick search yielded literally hundreds of different sources claiming Portland, OR to have more strip clubs per capita than anywhere else. Even more than Nevada. So that's ALMOST a fact, I guess.