Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Pointless wonder...for now at least!

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by jrlafrance, Apr 14, 2005.

1. jrlafrance

jrlafrance IncGamers Member

Pointless wonder...for now at least!

I decided to create a new character for the PvP tourney coming up (I hope I'll be ready!). So far, I have not allocated any of my skill or stat points.

Here is a quick screenie of me! I think I'll be able to complete at least Act 1 this way, then I'll start using those points.

My character is untwinked so far, using only items found. Eventually for the tourney, he will be twinked though.

2. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

Why not allocate some points now...that will make your life so much easier...and you don't even have to "waste" points because you're going to need at least lvl 1 mastery and also the prerequisites...Good luck with your PvP character, although if it's your first time around you're probably going to get mauled:) Be sure to check out the barbarian forum for good guides...just ignore the Breath Of The Dying + Beast parts and you'll be fine.

3. farting bob

farting bob Banned

Hey, maybe he gets lucky and finds a zod from normal countess.
    And yes, its time to assign points and skills. you know your going to have to assign prereqs and adding to Vit ans str wont hurt. :thumbsup:

4. Shagsbeard

Shagsbeard IncGamers Member

Given that Sint finished act I a while back with a level 1 character, I'm pretty sure that, given patience, you can finish act I without assigning any points. Not assigning any of your skill points is an interesting diversion, but is really un-needed (is that a word?)

Back in the old days... way before the expansion came out, my friend and I tried to get as far as we could stomach without assigning any skill points at all to each class. Then, we would "cheat" by using that character as a starting point for new characters to try. We got quite a few to level 30. It's an interesting challenge anyway.

One thing though... if you are planning on using this character in an upcoming tourney, make sure you aren't breaking rules by doing this.

5. jrlafrance

Unfortunately, the only rune normal Countess dropped for me was an El. The first rune I find, and it has to be an El. Oh well.

I'm not going slow yet, and as a personal mini-challenge, I think I'll hold out, and see if I can finish Act 1 before assigning points.

I'm not sure what you mean here. I don't think I'm breaking any rules by creating a new character just for this tourney.

6. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

He didn't mean this tourney...he meant other tourneys, or even future tourneys. At least I think he did. I don't think there are any rules concerning character creation in the PvP tourney.

7. shermo

shermo IncGamers Member

If you're goin to do that you may as well use the act5 start-up command

8. farting bob

farting bob Banned

Act 1 can be done on lvl 1, but hat involves not killing stuff, and since you are killing stuff, its probably harder, even with the +life you get per lvl anyway.
    Try get to duriel without assigning any points, then i'll respect you. :p

9. Shagsbeard

Shagsbeard IncGamers Member

This was way back in the days before Act 5 even existed. remember? It came with the expansion.

10. jrlafrance

I get no respect from FB... :(
    Whats there left to live for....

11. Day

Day IncGamers Member

I remember a story write up once about a paladin who completed normal without allocating any points to skills (and I think stats - not sure) using their orignal non-magical short sword. I think it was on Sirians old site but wasn't one of his characters.

12. BFD

BFD IncGamers Member

I've beaten act 1 before without allocating any skill points and just enough stat points to strength for gear. I think it was sorc, it was awhile ago though but still 1.10, iirc.