Point of mule trading

CoolguyBad

Diabloii.Net Member
Point of mule trading

What's the point of mule trading? Is it more safe? I don't see what's wrong with the old fashion way (via trade screen).

Vespar

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Point of mule trading

The main point of mule trading is so that people can conduct trades at their leisure rather than trying to cooridinate getting people online at the sametime. It's especially easier when you have a dozen different trades to do.

Mursilis

Diabloii.Net Member
That's definitely the only reason, since mule trading is actually less safe than the traditional way via the trade screen. That's because one of the traders has to send their items first, the potential for scamming is huge. That's why it's suggested not to mule trade without anyone that isn't a member of these boards, and in good standing at that.

aishilee

Diabloii.Net Member

Well. Mule Trading also allows Different people in Different Time Zone To do trading without haveing someone to stay awake at weird hours just to do a trade. likewise for people who just cant be in game at the same time with the traders.

this is Very Very Dangerous indeed. But look at the ratings on the people here before you decide to do mule trading. most people here are trustworthy.

ffejrxx

Diabloii.Net Member

its also very convienient to do when trading massive quantities of runes/gems/jewels ect..
since some forums have no limit on those kinds of trades, each mule acct can hold upto 97 items

best to be done with others that have a good trade rating, or fewer less valuable items when trading with others that have a lower rating

Erwwwd

Diabloii.Net Member

Nitpicking: It's up to 99 for amulets and 101 for rings :tongue:
And 113 for potions.

Although do explain how you get 99 amulets or 101 rings on a character, you can use the slots on the character but that would only get you to 98 and 99 respectively.

ffejrxx

Diabloii.Net Member

oops, my typo, should have been 'each mule char can hold 97 items'
items being runes/gems/jewels
equipable items can be more on corpse

ffejrxx

Diabloii.Net Member

i have lvl1 mules holding 105 full juvie potions
4x10 (invnetory) + 6x8 (stash) + 4x3-2x2 (cube) + 2x8(belt) +1 (cursor) = 105

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator

I think Kris means the corpses too. That'd be the only thing that can't be done on HC :flowers: .
Correct. I'm not sure what happens to items on the cursor when you die. AFAIK it won't work, but perhaps you could squeeze in another ring :scratch:

aishilee

Diabloii.Net Member

oo. keeping items on corspe . lol nv thought of that before.. lol nice.
holding 1 more item on cursor is just sick. lol. u guys really utilise the whole character to-the-core.

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator

It's just a theoretical consideration. I never load up my mules like that. I usually keep 4x2 spaces clear, for trading.

Mcwhopper

Diabloii.Net Member

Keeping items on the dead mule : Needs a mule of a certain level and with stats , most mules are level 1 :)

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator

You are right, but as I said, it's just a theoretical consideration. BTW, one of my L1 mules wears a 15%ed breastplate, another one has a L1 RS/SM wand for leveling necros :tongue: