Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

poe

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 Hardcore Forum' started by TheDarkSide, Nov 30, 2016.

1. TheDarkSide

TheDarkSide Clan Officer - US East Hardcore

Path of Exile - just dloaded it the past week and been playing it quite often. Taking a break from D3 for a while until the Necro arrives. Anyone else playing Poe and wanna party up ?? I'm currently playing a level 36 marauder and enjoying it quite a bit. The new HC ladder is starting Dec 2nd, come on out and join me...

2. ZappaFan

ZappaFan Hardcore Moderator and America Trade Moderator

Always wondered about PoE. Been playing Witcher 3 lately, really impressive game (although on solo play which would be a deal breaker for some folks). Pretty disappointing that it's looking like no more xpac for this game. Will there be a Diablo 4? Really wondering what the future holds for this franchise.

3. liquid_mage

liquid_mage IncGamers Member

Dark I have done two stints in PoE, I enjoyed both. I stayed away from HC in PoE though some fights are very unforgiving in that game. PoE did some really cool things and I contributed $30-40 and don't regret it. But PoE also made me appreciate how fluid the combat is in D3.

4. TheDarkSide

Ive been playing since Nov and just realized D2.net as a clan - Dacar - is running the clan there so I just sent him a clan request. New League starts Friday - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1834597 - man it looks good too (adds 5 new acts and lots of new stuff) so Ill be online their for a while longer..

5. TheDarkSide

Dacar invited me finally - was disappointed that maybe 2-3 players were HC ... Someone come join me ??? Free game just Dload and enjoy it ....

6. TheDarkSide

HC Poe was actually an effort in frustration for me - I spent more time rebuilding due to DEEDS than anything else. I did manage to finally found a nice build = get to lvl 75 and start running Maps but a little to late as the new acts are coming soon. Ill continue to play HC Poe - its fun but I'm back to D3 again for a bit now.

So after all that - I ended up joining a HC clan and played POE exclusively for about 2 months. Then I got into the D3 Necro Beta and here we are again. Looking forward to the new ladder and the Necro actually..

7. TheDarkSide

POE has a steep learning curve - I've been back at it for several months now and its still a challenge. HC is Very Unforgiving - you can Expect to Die to some bosses. Its fun enough to keep me interested still and I actually got into MAPS a bit more this last league. The new league starts in 12 days and looks promising so I cant wait. Until then Ill be coming back to D3 for the next few weeks and getting all the stuff I can before getting bored....

8. Dacar92

Dacar92 Community, Amazon, DH Moderator & Inc Clan Officer

I have over 1300 hours in POE and it was a lot of fun. I haven't played in several months though and not sure I'll go back to it. Be careful that you don't get the email hacked that you use for POE. They can send a password reset to that email after they get access. Then they can change your game password and steal all your stuff. Email is the only account authentication they have for security. They really need another authentication factor like Blizzard or even Steam has. If you get hacked and they take your gear you are out of luck. No roll backs, no help from GGG.

9. TheDarkSide

Eww that's bad - hasn't happened yet so hopefully it wont.. Did you see the new Beastiary League that's starting up ?? Its basically Pokémon - (gotta catch em all ) where you gain monsters powers if you catch them. Looks neat, Ill definitely try it..

10. Dacar92

Dacar92 Community, Amazon, DH Moderator & Inc Clan Officer

No, I have not really read up on it. I see their posts on Facebook now and then but don't really follow it. I needed a break and haven't really wanted to go back. I played POE near exclusively for all those hours. I wanted to play other games and still do. :)

11. Cozi

Cozi IncGamers Member

I've had an annual break from Diablo, I've been playing in PoE for a year and I'm very happy with how GGG is developing the game. I was hoping that if I give Blizzard some time and spend a few updates, I will notice some changes and something fresh.
    Have you changed anything since the update with the necromancer?

As for PoE, in my opinion it is a worthy successor of Diablo 2. I am very attracted to what D2 has, and what is missing from D3, ie trading in objects and currency, is probably the only thing that affects the creation of communities in this type of games.