PlzHelp - RW weapon for my WW/Zerk Barb

sirpoopsalot

Diabloii.Net Member
To get somewhat back on topic and answer your question about best damage/fastest...

I believe that one of the consensus weapons to use for a eBotD is to go rack-running in version 1.07 in the hopes of finding a Superior, +15% Damage, Ethereal Berserker Axe - the project to find this axe might take you 6+ months on its own, but if you want the best...

For a BotD, my personal preferrence would probably be an ethereal Ghost Spear or Giant Thresher, simply so I could let the merc use it when I am not. A phase blade would also tempt me because of the insane speed, but would probably be a waste.

Honestly though, I can think of many other high RW's I would prefer. I'd rather have a single Ber than a Zod, myself. Lo too.

Llathias

Banned
I'd definitely disagree with sirpoopsalot about the Phase Blade, since the dmg bonus of BotD is +%ed, and Phase Blades have extremely low base dmg. They are, however, practically the best candidate for Grief, which adds straight dmg.

As for good BotD weapons, Great Poleaxe just hits the -60 WIAS breakpoint for WW, and looks good, and you won't be wasting dmg for higher speed which won't be of any use for your WWer. However, it's not fast enough for the last Fury breakpoint if you're thinking of making a Werewolf Druid.

If you're thinking of making a 1-handed weapon, Berserker Axe is the highest dmg weapon which can get 6 sockets. Colossus Blade is a versatile weapon, in that it can be used both 1-handed and 2-handed, but I don't like swords and with a CB, you only need 40 IAS to reach the fastest breakpoint.

Seeing how yours is a WW/Zerk barb, but not only a WW barb, going 2-handed is a good idea since you'll deal almost twice as much dmg with Berserk, and won't have to look for a second weapon. If you're going to play PvP, make it in a Berserker Axe, and use a combination of BotD, Doom, Beast, Grief and Stormshield when you duel.

For the number of sockets an item can get, check the Arreat Summit items page.

Edit: Grief gives you higher dmg output unless you make BotD in a 2-handed, slow weapon.

Corrupted

Diabloii.Net Member
Superior Great Poleaxe
Two-Hand Damage: 79 to 218
Durability: 27 of 27
Required Dexterity: 89
Required Strength: 169
Required Level: 63
Polearm Class - Normal Attack Speed
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 1337
Fingerprint: 0xz0mg666
+15% Enhanced Damage
+1 to Attack Rating
Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired), Socketed (6: 0 used)

Yes, that's what you're looking for.

Sint Nikolaas

Diabloii.Net Member
It's bogus that you're legit. Zod, cham, Jah, Ber, couple of Sur's, Lo.. ''found a couple of high runes after the LK thread'' yeah right. But it's ok, it doesn't matter if I believe you or not.

However you asked about BotD. IMO only two ways are possible to go with BotD, one is getting a Berserker axe, other is getting a big hurty stick. The axe is just because it gives the best returns on damage while still being quite fast. The hurty stick can be a Great Poleaxe but I've heard people about others too. IMO making it in an colossus sword (which is the best sword for it) is a waste because normally only a barb can use that. If used on multiple characters the big stick beats it.

About getting the runes (to everyone) it is quite possible to achieve the runes trough hell forge rushing. If you do a set of rushes (7 characters) a day then you'll probably get a gul a day. Basically that means 256 days for a Zod. The problem here ofcourse is not only the multitude of the runes (Cham would take another 128 days, Jah 64, 32 for Ber, 32 for Surs, 16 for Lo), but the carelessness of using them. I mean: ''hey I found a sword, socketed it, awww got 5 sockets, oh well, let's just make an eternity, too slow... no matter I'll just use my HoJ.

BadHorsie

Diabloii.Net Member
My my... The eternal conjectural speculations of the D2 community. I've been playing SP since the expansion came out, and it makes no difference to me whether you all believe me or not. Also, It's not possible for me to trade on this forum so you don't need to criticize me any longer. I made this thread to ask a question that might help me in the game, but what I get is the finger pointed at me from all directions.

Skinny, thank you for the kind words about my guitar playing. I appreciate that.

Samsung

Banned
BadHorsie said:
My my... The eternal conjectural speculations of the D2 community. I've been playing SP since the expansion came out, and it makes no difference to me whether you all believe me or not. Also, It's not possible for me to trade on this forum so you don't need to criticize me any longer. I made this thread to ask a question that might help me in the game, but what I get is the finger pointed at me from all directions.

Skinny, thank you for the kind words about my guitar playing. I appreciate that.
You have to understand where we are coming from man. My ONLY HR I ever found was a Vex in ancient tunnels, and I've been playing since 1.09 on singleplayer on and off. To think that you have that many hr's, it's impossible unless you are the luckiest man alive. You would understand where we are coming from if you realised that you trading 'any' items to us would contaminate us and our hard earned items. We would also have to delete those items, and anything that was contaminated by them.

sirpoopsalot

Diabloii.Net Member
sirpoopsalot said:
A phase blade would also tempt me because of the insane speed, but would probably be a waste.
Llathias said:
I'd definitely disagree with sirpoopsalot about the Phase Blade, since the dmg bonus of BotD is +%ed, and Phase Blades have extremely low base dmg....
Aye, that was pretty much implied in my first post - but I gotta admit, I'm not that impressed with a BotD, so I'd evaluate the style-points options too...

... before eventually picking the proper A2 merc compatible weapon :wink3:

Llathias

Banned
sirpoops: I know, what I'd disagree about is the tempting part. It only frightens me to think of a BotD Phase Blade.

@all: The guy isn't trying to trade or anything, besides the mods have seen the thread and made the necessary warning, so is there a point in declaring what you believe and what you don't? He could as well come here and say, "Hey, I'm a h4Xx0r, dUp3z0r, cH3tZ0r, l33t 7 yaer old, and I're not interseting in playing/trading w/ joo coz my h4cked itamz pwns joor legit 1s big time. By the way, what weapon is the best for my hacked BotD?" and we were supposed to give a proper answer (and he wouldn't be banned).

Samsung

Banned
Llathias said:
sirpoops: I know, what I'd disagree about is the tempting part. It only frightens me to think of a BotD Phase Blade.

"Hey, I'm a h4Xx0r, dUp3z0r, cH3tZ0r, l33t 7 yaer old, and I're not interseting in playing/trading w/ joo coz my h4cked itamz pwns joor legit 1s big time.
Lol, that made me laugh out loud for like 5 minutes.
It's really not that big of a deal, because I know he won't be trading, it's the fact that he claims to be legit, and we all know it's bull**** :shocked: