Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

PlzHelp - RW weapon for my WW/Zerk Barb

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by BadHorsie, Sep 18, 2006.

1. BadHorsie

BadHorsie IncGamers Member

PlzHelp - RW weapon for my WW/Zerk Barb

Hey guys and gals,

I've been searching for a good 6 soc. weapon to make a BotD. I found an eth. colossus sword yesterday and tried socketing it and only got 5 socket spots. I made an eternity seeing as how it would give me the indestructible property, but the attack speed is way too slow... I'm using a superior balrog blade HoJ right now, and it just doesn't cut it in 8 player SP.

I'm wondering:

What weapon should I be looking for that can obtain 6 sockets (Highest dmg and fastest attack)?

Where should I be doing runs to find socketed items? (I've been running cow lvl and baal minions and I've found at least 1 sword with sockets each run).

I don't think I can trade for one because I don't have the internet at home and I don't think I have a burner on that computer either.

What should I do???

2. Noodle

Noodle Moderator

Fear not - I'm sure that by the time you find the necessary runes, you'll have stumbled across multiple socketed weapons that will suit your needs!

- Noodle

3. erics

erics IncGamers Member

Did you seriously find a Zod?

4. Hamburger

Hamburger IncGamers Member

*witchhunt, witchhunt!*

Now seriously....I don't think you can trade for one either, because your rune finds, are, at least, a miracle, and maybe that's and understament :laugh:

I mean....

"I'm using a superior balrog blade HoJ"

Hand of Justice 4 Socket Weapons Sur + Cham + Amn + Lo

"I made an eternity"

Eternity 5 Socket Melee Weapons Amn + Ber + Ist + Sol + Sur

I mean....come on, that's a lot of nuts :laugh:

If I may ask, how did you get those runes? If you didn't find them yourself I'd consider the fact that they could be hacked/duped....

5. BadHorsie

No sir, I made one. I had so many runes accumulated from HF and I found a couple of high runes after reading the Lower Kurast thread (all of which I swore to never use until I could find the necessary runes for RW). It's funny too, I didn't know that HF had a cap on high runes until I read about it on this forum, so I'm off doing HF after HF crossing my fingers for a Vex and never found one lol. Also, I never new that you could make them in SP until someone told me how on this forum. I'm 10x richer in the game from the information I've been given on this forum :shocked:

So, I have the runes, but I don't have a good sword to put them in and I've been searching ever since I found out how to cube runes... Is searching the cow lvl the best place to find socketed items??? I'm searching with as little MF as possible.

6. nebux

nebux IncGamers Member

i have one EL rune
    *throw some nuts at Noodle*

7. erics

erics IncGamers Member

That's really hard to believe. Even with high runes it still takes a significant amount of them to get a zod...

Anyways, back on subject. Another post in another thread suggested cows as being good for socketed items. I've had good luck running the pits. You can always socket them with larzuks quest since he'll give you the maximum number of sockets. All you'ld need is a good eth sword or berzerker axe. I think there is a cube recipe that will also give you sockets in an item but it's random how many you'll recieve.

good luck :thumbsup:

8. BadHorsie

My reply to 'Erics' post should answer your question, but I thank you for only 'considering' and not 'concluding' that I've either hacked/duped the items... The only hack I've ever used was mousepads MH when I played realm a LONG time ago (don't ban me for admitting that plz). I've been playing SP ever since - before 1.11 even came out...

9. erics

erics IncGamers Member

You can cheat all you want on your own computer (I'm not accusing you) and not get banned here. You just can't trade and mp with those that don't that's all. If ya do you'll get banned :shocked:

10. BadHorsie

Well, thanks for the help Erics. I'm trying to find the thread where the guy told me how to cube up higher runes so I can show you how easy it really was. It only cost 2 runes of the same kind plus a gem to make the next high rune. Not very difficult when you have tons of guls and ists saved up...

11. Noodle

Noodle Moderator

I would agree with the suggestion of cows or the Level 85 areas. Of course, you'll fall under the Item Curse, which dictates that you will never find an item if you are actually looking for it specifically, but nothing can be done about that.

*Notices nut hurtling towards head*

Everybody down!

*Does bicycle kick, sending nut speeding back to Nebux*

Good luck!

- Noodle

12. erics

erics IncGamers Member

This one?

13. nebux

nebux IncGamers Member

*dodge*
    * the nuts hit hamburger head and erics head too*
    beat this n00bz0rz
    /varnish

14. Deaddave

Deaddave IncGamers Member

how many hf rushes did you do, i just did some quick maths nad looking at it it would take 512 guls (ether that or 1024 :S) for zod. im not totaly sure quite how the hellforge drop mechanics work but on average i would say you would be lucky to average pul which after more dodgy maths =8196 hell forge drops (now i know my maths is probly flawed but just by my rought workings)
    ands that just gor zod never mind the other ruens. you would need to spend an exedling long hell forge rushing.

in responce to the wepon just spend alot of time ether hell cowing with 0mf. or the worldstone keep can be quite good (not as gd) but the exp there is better and its hard so it will keep you more awake and will help fight the boredum that will probly happen

15. jjscud

jjscud IncGamers Member

The average is a bit high but the real problem is 1 gul does not equal 11 Hels. Its much simpler to measure in Guls, 1HF is about .168 guls. A set of seven HFs should net you about 1 Gul on average. That would make it only 3500 HF rushes (+ rushes for the the otherr runes.)

@BadHorsie - just to be perfectly clear (in the hope of being helpful), this forum will never accept that you have those rules legitly without some careful specifics about the source of the runes (and no, "I cubed them" just doesn't cut it).

16. Cattleya

Cattleya IncGamers Member

@BadHorsie: If you want to trade or multiplay on this forum, you need to PM me or Hrus first, so we can work out the issue of your runes. Otherwise, carry on. :smiley:

@All: Hrus and I can worry about the math involved if he wants to trade, so let's stay on the original subject.

17. Pucho

Pucho Banned

make a grief flamberge.
    grief > BotD (and saves you some runes too)

18. Arreat_mercenary

Arreat_mercenary IncGamers Member

ROTFL!!!!!!

Did you seriously mean this!? Sorry if I sound really mean, but using basic mathematics:

3 Dol Runes + 1 Chipped Emerald = Hel Rune
    3 Hel Runes + 1 Chipped Diamond = Io Rune
    3 Io Runes + 1 Flawed Topaz = Lum Rune
    3 Lum Runes + 1 Flawed Amethyst = Ko Rune
    3 Ko Runes + 1 Flawed Sapphire = Fal Rune
    3 Fal Runes + 1 Flawed Ruby = Lem Rune
    3 Lem Runes + 1 Flawed Emerald = Pul Rune
    2 Pul Runes + 1 Flawed Diamond = Um Rune
    2 Um Runes + 1 Topaz = Mal Rune
    2 Mal Runes + 1 Amethyst = Ist Rune
    2 Ist Runes + 1 Sapphire = Gul Rune
    2 Gul Runes + 1 Ruby = Vex Rune
    2 Vex Runes + 1 Emerald = Ohm Rune
    2 Ohm Runes + 1 Diamond = Lo Rune
    2 Lo Runes + 1 Flawless Topaz = Sur Rune
    2 Sur Runes + 1 Flawless Amethyst = Ber Rune
    2 Ber Runes + 1 Flawless Sapphire = Jah Rune
    2 Jah Runes + 1 Flawless Ruby = Cham Rune
    2 Cham Runes + 1 Flawless Emerald = Zod Rune

(From arreat summit)

Now, you say you cubed up a zod from ist and gul, right? So, taking for granted you cubed up from gul:

2 guls = 1 vex
    so you need 4 guls to get 2 vex runes and cube an ohm
    and you need 2 ohm to get a lo which means 8 guls
    and you ned 2 lo's to get a sur, which means 16 guls
    so you get the point right? The final product is that you require 256 guls to get a zod Did you actually did so many HF rushes!? Because if you take 7 chars rushed along with the char which is rushing (8 chars in total) that's actually 32 HF rushes, taking for granted each char gave you a gul (which seems IMPOSSIBLE to be the case, since I have gotten so many times a hel rune from Hell HF.........).

So interesting you had 256 guls.......... taking for granted how hard actually is to get ONE. Sorry if sound so mean, especially to a relatively new member, but this story has been told so many times and has been proven to be wrong so many times is just not funny anymore.

Could you actually say how did you got 256 gul runes? (taking you cubed your zod from guls only). Again, what you do in your PC is your business, just that now you will find hard to trade or to do MP games with the SPF

Edit: You people post way too fast!!

19. Skinny

Skinny Banned

Funny, I usually find items after playing the game not reading the forums:thumbsup:

You seem like a nice guy, so be careful as it's really easy to get banned around here and the mods are already watching you. No hard feelings I'm just trying to warn you cause MAN you can play guitar and so you've got my eternal respect

20. Samsung

Samsung Banned

I'd have to agree. I've been running countess/HF rushing for Gul runes to cube my infinity and so far i've accumilated about 4 gul runes. That's a week's work for me, You must be one insane dude if you really cubed up all those hr's.