Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Plz rate my druid

Discussion in 'Druid' started by WNxBeeky, Feb 18, 2004.

1. WNxBeeky

WNxBeeky IncGamers Member

Plz rate my druid

Hi all,

I'm making my first elemental druid for hc (non ladder Europe). :)

Proposed skills are:-

Cyclone Armor : 20
    Twister : 20
    Tornado : 20
    Hurricane : 20
    Oak Sage : 20

1 in each of these:
    Ravens
    Spirit Wolf
    Dire Wolf
    Poison Vine
    Carrion Vine

105 Skill points in total - Finished around lvl 94.

Equipment:

I don't have access to any uber gear or equipment, so something awesome like Heart of Oak is out of the question for me (where the hell do i find a vex? )

Best i have is:
    Jalals.
    Smoke Armor / Vipermagi
    'Honor' Sword or any other + skill sword i can use.
    +2 elemental druid crafted amulet / resists amulet
    Lidless wall
    Bul kathos ring / Resists ring
    Frosties.
    Nats boots.
    IK Belt

(so roughly +7-8 skills)

I understand that most of this gear is pretty bad compared to what i normally see ppl talking about in these forums, but any help would be appriciated in guidance.

Is this build suitable for hc play, or should i place more points into summoning (grizzly?)

Also any idea of what kind of dmg i could expect from tornado / Hurricane once synergies are maxed would be appriciated. :)

Cheers!

2. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

No vines, get grizzly.
    Instead of honor use Spectral Shard or Suicide branch if you can get a hold of it. Vipermagi over smoke. May want to try a 2x perf diamond mosers instead of lidless.
    You will probably have somewhere between 3.5k-4k tornado (I could go check but I'm lazy) and close to a 2k hurricane.
    You should do fine, try not to tank too much without the DR. Definitely get max block, try and get ss, and perhaps use a string.

3. Pent

Pent IncGamers Member

yes try and get a decent weapon with either alot of fcr (wizspike, suicide, spectral) or alot of plus skill (earthshaker, earthshifter, some druid weapon with +2 druid skills)

4. WNxBeeky

Hmm, i do have a wizardspike. I never really considered it due to lack of the skills, but i guess fcr, mana and resists are generally more important than a skill or 2.

5. Voice

Voice IncGamers Member

yes wiz spike is actually the second best weapon for a wind druid ... so definitly take it over everything else.

Heart of the Oak rune word is the best if you were wondering

6. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

Actually Suicide Branch is better, since the resists from wizzy aren't a huge deal if you keep cyclone up (remember cyclone is before resists) like a good wind druid, and since our main spell is only 10 mana we don't need the bonus from wizzy a lot. :buddies:

7. WNxBeeky

Well since it is hc, i like to max my resists as quick as possible (especially in hell). When i start accumulating charms or better gear, i'll probably replace a wiz with something else (still searching for the elusive vex) :)

Btw, apart from high level runewords like engima and chains, what is thebest equip after vipermagi for windy?

8. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

After as in, between vipermagi and enigma?
    Vipermagi is the best non-runeworded.
    Below that, any armor with high resists or fcr (stealth)

9. Voice

Voice IncGamers Member

This is hc so wiz IS greater than suicide branch ... resist is god in hc. As for armors i would go on hc:

stealth = good for norm nm ... if you still got this for hell dont go to hell

magi = what you want

enigma = i wouldnt use in hc .... sell it for something ahahahaha

CoH = best for hc

I just got to act 5 nm w/ my ele on hcl untwinked he is doing fine .. things move fast actually. All this solo mind you.

Gear:
    lt wand
    sigon shield
    aldurs helm
    crafted fcr ammy
    rare rings w/ some sort of resist
    chance gaurds (hey i need to do some kind of mfing ahaha)
    rare boots
    rare belt
    stealth

I still havent found any good armors yet but i got an um rune off of forge quest :clap: So i might try to get wiz n magi for it ....

Reasons i wouldnt use enigma on hc is ... tele'ing is just to dangerous for me on hc and if im only gonna make 1 hcl guy i dont want him to die :creep:

10. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

The thing is 65 resist all is not a big deal since you should still have positive and resists do not matter with cyclone, which you should always have up.
    Do what you want though.

11. Voice

Voice IncGamers Member

A rule of thumb for ALL hc's is to get max resist ... i personally stack resist on hc. Reasons:

The 2 main ways people die in hc are relatively instant deaths, these deaths come from:

1) high elemental damage (usually conviction aura on multi shot lighting monster)

2) either crowded by a mob of hard htting guys or walked around a cornor into might or fant or both aura monster and they 1 -2 hit kill you. 1-2 hits can come fast from the duel axe swinging taurs in act 4/5.

Its true that cyclone armor SHOULD always be up ... but so should oak and grizzly. But you run into a 2 or 3 unique boss's stacked up together all these ideal things go out the window. i would rather be able to take a few elemental hits w/o ca on hc than rely on it.

I do agree that on sc suicide branch > wiz since death is not that big of a concern but on hc ... i must stick w/ my answer and say the +1 skill isnt worth the risk involved.

12. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

MSLE no longer work in 1.10.
    My druid has never gotten hurt too badly from elemental before he had max resists.

13. Voice

Voice IncGamers Member

I think it all depends on gear and such .... I have played hc a lot and every good hc person i know have stacked resist. I'm not saying your wrong or right but IMO resist on hc resist is waaaaaaaaaay more important than +1 skill. Damage on hc has no relavance ..... its all about survival and +1 skill will only get you a tad bit of life and a tad bit more absorb.

Also your saying you never died b/c of mishaps. I find that hard to believe. You never once forgotten to cast ca or once walked into the wrong pack or anything of that nature. If so ....... im impressed b/c stuff like that happens in pvm to me at least once a month and all im trying to do is prepare someone for that.

off of topic ... do you play hc?

14. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

I played hc with my summon nec, he died at 80 to some fanat/amp gorebellies, but his gear was really crap (this was beginning of ladder in hell). After he died I went to sc, and no my windy has never died pvm.

15. Voice

Voice IncGamers Member

your saying in your whole career you never died to a mishap .... god bless you b/c not everyone is so lucky ...... did you get ruchs b/c i have encountered some very very strong might + fant + conviction + multi shot le monsters .... did you run from these ..... were you untwinked ...... if twinked i could understand if rush i believe that ..... if not i find it hard to believe but if you put your word on it that no monster has EVER killed you .... i guess i would believe that too.

16. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

I think perhaps I died to ventar in norm when I was doing d, but that's the only time. I played very twinked, got to baal, then rushed myself through nightmare and hell basically, conviction doesn't affect cyclone armor. I generally always have it casted, and my druid has max resists, max dr, 75 block, 3k life, and a grizzly to tank.

17. Voice

Voice IncGamers Member

Original post:
    'I don't have access to any uber gear or equipment, so something awesome like Heart of Oak is out of the question for me (where the hell do i find a vex? ) '

Not to mention by the gear he listed he wasnt uber rich. I can understand not dying by being rushed (like you were). But lets face it the strongest monsters in the game are uniques no one can deny that. Not to mention he is hc and from the look of things he isnt going to have uber gear and he isnt getting rushed.

Please read the topic and post accordingly ... if someone asked on sc what to do give you opinions by all means ... but if someone asked what to do on hc and you dont have viable pvm (walk through) experience please refrain from giving information that can lead to death. It only takes one death in hc to end a life, and that death is a lot of time someone invested.

18. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

Omg..I didn't get rushed. I said I rushed myself, as in I partied through norm, then ran through nightmare/hell easily.
    Anyone can die in hardcore, even with your obviously godly information.
    hoto is really not that hard to get with a bit of dedicated forge rushing but that is beside the point.
    Go ahead and use wizzy though, but I mean, between a 40 hoto and a wizzy, if you were at 65 resist all with hoto, where would you draw the line.

19. Voice

Voice IncGamers Member

Original post:
    'I don't have access to any uber gear or equipment, so something awesome like Heart of Oak is out of the question for me (where the hell do i find a vex? ) '

tell that to this guy ... and everyone else on bnet. Since when did vex become so easy to come by ?

20. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

Do a hell hellforge. Chances are you will get a rune you can trade for vex or a vex itself.