Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Plz help my HC FishyZon with the Hell Ancients

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by DaveW, Aug 16, 2010.

1. DaveW

DaveW IncGamers Member

Plz help my HC FishyZon with the Hell Ancients

As the title says, I'm having trouble with Hell Ancients. My FishyZon has max resists with all skills now maxed
    (CA, FA, CS and LF) . Ive rolled a few times but my merc doesn't stay alive long enough. And I get nervous to engage the Ancients front up, face to face. Her gear is not excellent but above par.

Kira's Guardian
    Peace Mesh Armor
    Stone Beads Amulet (+1 to Amazon Skill Levels and other mods)
    Laying of Hands
    Razortail
    Wizendraw
    Titan's Revenge
    Whitstan's Guard (w/ PDiamond)
    Rare boots with resists and FRW

Mercenary Items (Holy Freeze)
    Shaftstop
    Vampire Gaze
    The Reaper's Toll

If I can get the Ancients separated I fell more confident but they move in pairs for most of the time. Any ideas would be appreciated.

2. SnickerSnack

SnickerSnack IncGamers Member

Re: Plz help my HC FishyZon with the Hell Ancients

I don't play HC, but here are some suggestions:

1) gamble an amulet with teleport, that will help you separate them
    2) are you feeding your merc potions? Drop a bunch of potions on the ground before the battle so you can grab them quickly (since picked potions go directly to your belt).
    3) I don't know if knockback works on the ancients, but it's worth trying
    4) You are fighting them on /players1, right?
    5) shop a life tap wand and swap the merc's weapon to something without a curse, maybe Lifetap will keep him alive longer?
    6) Are you using Decoy to keep one ancient busy? (it can also help separate)
    7) I agree that kelpie is something to try, but then his leech will fall through the floor. Of course, if you pair kelpie with lifetap.....

Last edited: Aug 16, 2010
  3. HappeningKT

HappeningKT Banned

Hiii

Did u try to equip Kelpie's on your merc? That works very well for me.Also dr % never worked well for me. I prefer having treachery on my mercs.

btw knockback doesn't work on ancients.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2010
  4. potter

potter IncGamers Member

put a decoy between two of them at the start and try to lure one of them down.
    Or you could try a staff of teleport charges if the merc tends to drag them all with him.

The life tap suggestion could work, either by wand or dracul's.

5. RobbyD

RobbyD IncGamers Member

My experience was with a Buriza Bowazon in 1.09, but I had a similar experience and have some thoughts you can take with whatever amount of salt you deem necessary from a 1.09 lightweight:

Decoy and knockback are useless against ancients, as they ignore the decoy and KB doesn't work. Also, as awesome as LoH is for bosses, it's not that great against Ancients - they are not demons.

Resists, simarlarly, aren't absolutely necessary to max against ancients.

Basically, my experience is that Hell Ancients basically require a PvP setup rather than PvM - some observations:

Things happen really fast against the Ancients, so it's easy to get rattled. You want to slow them down, and things will get much easier. Replace that LoH with Clegaw's, replace Kira's with Blackhorn's Face, and replace Razortail with Nosferatu's Coil (the pierce doesn't help much with Ancients anyway). That gets them to half speed, which I THINK stacks with the Decrep (I'm 1.09, so no Reaper's in my patch - you might want to test that assertion).

You also want to tank them, leaper first (don't let him get any distance), so that you can use that D/E/A and blocking. As such, my advice is to tank with CS to the extent possible, get the leaper out of the picture. You might want to throw a couple arrows at the other 2 at first to slow them down to help your merc and Valk at first, though. Take out the 2 that are not LI first, then pop whichever one spawned LI with FA.

I don't see any room for improving your merc's gear - Kelpie is an idea, but I think there's a max to how much you can slow using ST - I DO think Decrep and ST stack though... try it, and if it doesn't work, then you might consider a Hone Sundan (AmnAmnShael) for the CB. But... I think Decrep + ST is your best bet.

Do you have a Valk? If you don't, it's worth getting one for the tanking she provides - they DON'T ignore the Valk like they do the Decoy.

Oh, and I second the precautions - make sure it's /P1, and drop some potions on the Summit in case you run out.

The biggest thing is, DON'T GET RATTLED! If you keep your cool and tank the non-LIs with CS one by one, your blocking should keep you in HPs enough for you to have time to pop potions. Once it's down to one, FA should do the trick.

6. jazzfox

jazzfox IncGamers Member

Yeah I know how you feel. I'm a level 82 zealer paladin. I've tried for over a year to kill them ,but they're just too strong, I can kill them when they're on their own (obviously a rare scenario) but even after I kill one, I die for no reason, even if my health was full when they died. I don't know. Leveling up is starting to get very difficult considering my Paladin is basically purely melee and I can't just sit back and cast spells like a sorc, or a necro. So I'm pretty much at a grid lock.

7. DaveW

DaveW IncGamers Member

Holy thread resurrection Batman. Thx jazzfox. Btw she deeds out. My skills need honing.