Plz help a new necro

honkytonkyzonky

Diabloii.Net Member
Plz help a new necro

Hey im making a necro and i was woundering whats the best build to kill stuff in hell(pvm NOT pvp) without having nigma or hoto and without summoning 1200 minions
So whatas the best build 4 a char. like that???

MrNuby

Diabloii.Net Member
A posion Necro with:

20 Poison Dagger
20 Poison Explosion
20 Poison Nova
15 Lower Resist(15 total with +skills)
1+ Clay/Fire Golem, Golem Mastery, Summon resist
1 Bone Armor
1 Bone Wall
0 Bone Prison (Use Marrowwalk)

If you can't afford Bramble or Enigma, or just don't want to use them a 4 socketed armor with 100 life with 4 5/5 poison facets works REALLY well.
Death's Web(EXPENSIVE!) close to -50 enemy resisitance socketed with 5/5 poison facet is the only weapon worth using. Trang-Oul's gloves, belt and Shield(5/5 psn facet) with either 2 sojs or 2 bk3's and Mara's and either a +3 pnB 2 sock circlet or Harlequin with a 5/5 psn facet works. Add 8 skillers and your poison damage will be close to 10,000. Also use Marrowwalk for Bone Armor synergy(Your Bone Armor with 5PnB skillers, 1 in BA and 1 in BW with Marrowwalks will absorb 600 damage).

For your mercenary you could go a cheap but very effective way. ShaelAmnAmn Hone Sundan combined with Guillaume's Face and Shaftstop for 80% Crushing blow and 30% Damage Reduction.

I really recommend going for Max Block (Around 200dex). My first Venomancer went for max vita and had over 1500 but still had to eat potions non-stop :)

Extremely fun to play.

Beneathnoise

Diabloii.Net Member
honkytonkyzonky said:
Hey im making a necro and i was woundering whats the best build to kill stuff in hell(pvm NOT pvp) without having nigma or hoto and without summoning 1200 minions
So whatas the best build 4 a char. like that???
Summoner. (10 chars)

Dancolen

Diabloii.Net Member
not to be a smart arse.. but

A summoner only summons 9-30 things, not 1 billion. :)

All 3 necro builds are pretty efficient.
I still think max Raise skeleton is nice for any build, at least 1 point in RS/SM, in every build.. Skeletons, even if only lvl 5/5 are still one hit tanks for you.
At 33/33 they are quite powerful tanks for you but /shrug.

Poison is great for open areas with lots of monsters, it will kill things VERY fast. Poison immunes in hell are a problem, but like with any char on D2, a good merc will take care of your weakness, albeit with some minor babysitting.

The revamp of mercs was one of the best things that helped the player in D2.
Bone is nice, but imo it goes through mana way fast.... but has best killing speed combined with corpse explosion. Oh yea... get corpse explosion with any build as well.

Heart of all necro builds = Corpse Explosion + decent/strong merc + Clay Golem/Decryptify + Bone Armor.
Amp for CEs and summoners.
Dim Vision for ranged attackers
Summon Resist

Get one into all those skills with some + skills(buy a 2 necro wand, very easy) and your pretty much set at going with any of the three builds.

After those are met, just get life and resists.

honkytonkyzonky

Diabloii.Net Member
quote..
If you can't afford Bramble or Enigma, or just don't want to use them a 4 socketed armor with 100 life with 4 5/5 poison facets works REALLY well.
Death's Web(EXPENSIVE!) close to -50 enemy resisitance socketed with 5/5 poison facet is the only weapon worth using. Trang-Oul's gloves, belt and Shield(5/5 psn facet)

I'm ganna go with that psn build but.. how hard are 5/5 psn facets to get and should i use trang sheild or Homunculus? also what dose "100 life" mean on that 4 soc armor?
And thx 4 the help guys :uhhuh:

MrNuby

Diabloii.Net Member
honkytonkyzonky said:
quote..
Death's Web(EXPENSIVE!) close to -50 enemy resisitance socketed with 5/5 poison facet is the only weapon worth using. Trang-Oul's gloves, belt and Shield(5/5 psn facet)

I'm ganna go with that psn build but.. how hard are 5/5 psn facets to get and should i use trang sheild or Homunculus? also what dose "100 life" mean on that 4 soc armor?
And thx 4 the help guys :uhhuh:
I have no idea which realm you play on, so I can't answer your facette-question.
You have to use the TO-shield. shield+2 other TO-items give you 25% more poison damage.

100 life on armor mean that you should get a "Jeweler's X of the Whale". If you are on Europe I've got one with 65 life and one with 86 if you need.

Mad Mantis

D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator
honkytonkyzonky said:
but whats the best act 2 merc 4 a psn necro like with what aura
Pure poison could do well with an HF Merc or a Defiance Merc. Increasing the defenses of the build.

Knight Terror

Diabloii.Net Member
Mad Mantis said:
Pure poison could do well with an HF Merc or a Defiance Merc. Increasing the defenses of the build.
I highly recommend against using a holy freeze merc as a necromancer. Corpse Explosion is your best crowd control skill. Even just one skill point with +skills will help keep the numbers down. An HF Merc will freeze and shatter the enemy, eliminating the corpse. This is a big no-no for any necro. Damn, I'm a poet.

Mad Mantis

Knight Terror said:
I highly recommend against using a holy freeze merc as a necromancer. Corpse Explosion is your best crowd control skill. Even just one skill point with +skills will help keep the numbers down. An HF Merc will freeze and shatter the enemy, eliminating the corpse. This is a big no-no for any necro. Damn, I'm a poet.
HF doesn't shatter all corpses and a Pure Poison Nec could do well with a HF Merc. We have many more crowd control skills at out disposal. Killing things is not our main way of controlling a crowd.

Mad Mantis

Myrakh-2 said:
Still, I think a dead crowd is much easier to control than any other crowd...
My Skellies still never listen. I can make the living do almost everything I want.

Other characters may rely on killing hard and fast to control a crowd. I never considered it to be our way to control a crowd.

Pherdnut

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm not sure, but it seems like chilled or frozen enemies that die from poison don't seem to shatter, or at least as easily.

Knight Terror

Diabloii.Net Member
Pherdnut said:
I'm not sure, but it seems like chilled or frozen enemies that die from poison don't seem to shatter, or at least as easily.
No, Poison damage has a low chance of causing frozen enemies to shatter. However, when you're waiting for that first corpse so you can CE chain the mob of monsters, watching the first corpse shatter at HIS weapon is an unfortunate event. The necro himself will not shatter the corpses. His merc, on the other hand, will.