Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Please welcome 1.09 Matriarch Eskarina_Smith.

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Kefir-Tribe, Sep 19, 2006.

1. Kefir-Tribe

Kefir-Tribe IncGamers Member

Please welcome 1.09 Matriarch Eskarina_Smith.

Stats
    Clicky!

Skills
    10 Warmth
    20 Meteor
    5 Fire Mastery
    20 Frozen Orb
    5 Cold Mastery
    1 Static Field
    1 Teleport
    1 in each of the prereqs.

Items (kind of untwinked since I didn't have any 1.09 items left before this char)
    Lore Full Helm
    Wraith Wing, rare amulet (23%MF, 29%FR, 37%LR...)
    The Oculus
    Smoke Mage Plate
    Ancients' Pledge Kite Shield
    Frosburn
    Nagel Ring
    Rare Belt (43 life, 24%FHR, 30%FR...)
    Fortuitous Ring of the Apprentice
    Sigon's Sabot
    Various life, mana and resist charms

Mercenary
    dead.

Best finds
    Oculus (dropped by Mephisto in hell during the quest), Ravenclaw :smiley: , Azurewrath :smiley: and an Um rune from hell forge.

1.09 moments
    Normal was much like 1.10+ with some minor differences but... *drumroll*… no mana potions form vendors. :banghead: No synergies also, which means that there’s no offensive skill to put points in at low level, which is rather frustrating.

Nightmare was easy but I have to admit there were quite some deaths. Even though monsters are much weaker and quite apathetic, they still hurt alot in some situations. LE + MS unique bosses, Blizzard from those healing creatures in act3 and our dear friend Duriel comes in mind.

Hell was a joke largely. It's very slow leveling in Nightmare compared to the crazy baalruns that 1.10+ has to offer, so I entered at level 49 without problems. Frustration - when realizing that there's a level cap at the ancients after beating them at level 55. "This quest cannot be completed my ***".

I have a question too. I understand that mercenaries levels up much more slowly then in 1.10+. Where is the best place(s) to level them and does it matter which level you hire them at?

/Kefir

2. nebux

nebux IncGamers Member

congrats. still remember my 1.09 experence in hell untkinked as i didn't found ATMA.
    normal merc have betther stats, aura, skills.
    act v on each diff. is good to level your merc.
    *cough* as i was the first to congratulate your work, you need to give me some runes or else your drop will be Hel from hellforges *cough*
    /varnish

3. Kefir-Tribe

Thanks.

I don't know what you're talking about... *insert cheesy smile here*

4. Crazy Runner Guy

Crazy Runner Guy IncGamers Member

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

But back on topic. Man, I remember seeing some crazy sorceresses back in v1.09. My favorite was the block/DR/ES orb/met sorc that apparently the guide for has disappeared. She could stand in packs of cows and not get touched. Nice job.

crg

5. Samsung

Samsung Banned

Hey man congratulations!

6. MageChick

MageChick IncGamers Member

Merc's were always a real pain back then. I think leveling them then is about the same as leveling them now - stick to the places you were leveling best at their level. I can still rember endless Sewer, RoF and Bloody Foothill runs.

7. Kefir-Tribe

Thank you guys.

Cool, I want one of these. Another time though.

When thinking about it I'm not sure I even used mercs back then. I was fresh from one of the first versions of classic (without Lances) to LoD 1.09 so perhaps I didn't realize that they were at least a little better.

8. purplelocust

purplelocust IncGamers Member

Using the old guides from the Darkness webpages about monster levels worked well for levelling mercs for me, but those webpages seem to be gone now. It seemed to make a bigger difference in 1.09 as to who actually got the kill, so a good way of speed-leveling a merc was to get a high-level enchant and let the merc kill monsters about his/her level in a players 8 game.

Congratulations on the 1.09 Ravenclaw find! That is a great twinking weapon which is endorsed by no less than Nightfish with his speedy Guardian efforts. Socketed with a Nef (or used with Cleglaw's gloves) on the cow level with Enchant is a great way of levelling characters quickly.

9. Kefir-Tribe

Thank you.