Please say it isn't so.

Frundsmb

Diabloii.Net Member
Please say it isn't so.

So I drop all of my summoner's gear on the ground so that my new summoner can pick it all up... I have a friend in the game with me. I enter the game with my new character and I quickly pick every piece of gear up.

Wait a minute.. where is my Infinity or Bramble (my Merc's gear)? Hey.. where is my Enigma?

Please tell me that items do not dissappear if I have too many items on the ground!

Lyndis

Diabloii.Net Member
Not that I know of. Dtuff disappears after you leave them alone for for too long, but that doesn't sound like what had happened.

I would be suspicious of your "friend"

Frundsmb

Diabloii.Net Member
The friend is new to the game and I know him from real life. He got on the game just for the transfer, so afterwards he logged off. I know his password to his account and I checked his characters (all two of them). Nothing.

I lost a low Hoto too. A low Hoto, an Infinity, a Bramble, and my Enigma! Of all items.. my Infinity! I'm on non-ladder! :cry:

TurfTalker

Diabloii.Net Member
Guess it wouldn't make much sense to steal from you if you know your friend's password...

20 bucks says he's got a second account:azn:

HorseGuts

Diabloii.Net Member
Yes items start dissappearing if you have LOTS of them on the ground...

i've tested this with potions, gold, and random items from mules.

HarbingersOfSkulls

Diabloii.Net Member
If you leave items on the ground for too long they will disappear...the question is why not pick up your best items first? I don't know about having too many items on the ground...and having them disappear because I've dropped up to 12 items and had them all there with a friend in the game as well.

HoS

Damicles

Diabloii.Net Member
I've emptied out multiple mules while reorganizing and have only lost things when my connection gets interupted. I frequently xfer dozens of gems/runes at a time from doing cow runs. Never stopped to count how many I threw out vs. how many I picked up before, but it was alot in both cases. Never heard of the "to many items" before, then again, i'm still trying to figure out how to become a mod in OP Channels on Bnet.

Jackson

Diabloii.Net Member
Erm... I doubt that the runeword items vanished off the ground, unless you were away for about half an hour and more.

zeiris

Diabloii.Net Member
Don't the items disappear in order of quality? I remember something like that on the ama^H^H^Hsome site I visited once. So like potions, whites, blues, yellows, etc...

If only the expensive stuff was gone, it was obviously the friend. Duh.

lagalot

Diabloii.Net Member
Seems odd that the gg items like infinity disappeared first.Does your friend stil play on his usual acc or..I hate to say that your friend snaffled your gear but I cant see that much disappearing in the short time you described.Especially seeing it was the good items that went missing.

Eilo Rytyj

Diabloii.Net Member
Runewords and stuff like that are still considered white or ethereal items, so they have a pretty short "vanish" timer. Something like 4 or 5 minutes, maybe less.

I lost a crappy Insight this way, I xfered in a pubby game, game filled up when i left, about 5 minutes later i could rejoin, the Um rune and unique item were still there, but the Insight had vanished. No real big loss for me. Just remember to get your items transferred in like 2 minutes or less, or pick each item up again to refresh the "vanish" timer.

SoulSurvivor

Diabloii.Net Member
Runewords are among the first items to disappear when left on the ground. IIRC they will disappear in 5 minutes if untouched.

garion

Diabloii.Net Member
Frundsmb said:
The friend is new to the game and I know him from real life. He got on the game just for the transfer, so afterwards he logged off. I know his password to his account and I checked his characters (all two of them). Nothing.

I lost a low Hoto too. A low Hoto, an Infinity, a Bramble, and my Enigma! Of all items.. my Infinity! I'm on non-ladder! :cry:
hmm..weird...items poof after being left on the ground for a whiles..white items frist..but evetually the other stuff too...but it sounded like you were in and out....so that makes no sense....id ask your friend....