Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Please recommand weapons for my wolf druid.

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by kingcu, Apr 8, 2004.

1. kingcu

kingcu IncGamers Member

Please recommand weapons for my wolf druid.

I heard people talking about the ribcracker, but I don't know what it is exactly. Any other weapons for a werewolf? Any suggestion will be appreciated.

2. skilledlord

skilledlord IncGamers Member

u'll want to attack as fast as u can. get a six sock phase blade with shaels or a eth.

3. alsetzer

alsetzer IncGamers Member

A ribcracker is a unique stave (exceptional) *i.e. two-handed sorc sticks*
    It's phenominal when you "up" it (ladder only) with the cube recipe. My own wolfie uses Ik set (minus helm) and Jalal's hat. He rules, but the armor is tougher to come by and I'm not sure how rich you are.

If you're on USEast ladder I've got an extra ribcracker lyin around if you wanna see/trade it. Gimme a whisper

either

/*alsetzer
    or
    /*alsetzer1

or pm me, or just reply to the tread, I'll find you if i can get your acct name.

But really, as was said, speed > Dmg as a werewolf goes. Get some good leech goin (with feral rage) and you can fury through about anything.

Rock

Alsetzer

4. alainpp66

alainpp66 IncGamers Member

For high lvl wolves. Cheap: IK maul or Buriza.

For mid lvl Wolves. Cheap or Expensive: Ribcracker or Buriza.

For high lvl wolves. Expensive: (ladder only) Tomb Reaver :drool: or Upped Ethereal Ribcracker :drool::drool::drool puddle:

Make sure you use the Calculator stickied in the Druid section to insure you have the most efficient amounts of Increased Attack Speed (IAS) on each weapon.

As for 1 handed: Rune Master and the Death Cleaver (Both ladder) can be made into awfully nice weapons.

Speed is significant... but not everything.

Razor's Edge and B-Star can be decent for a wolf for a relatively low cost.

5. innorton38

innorton38 IncGamers Member

Never made a werewolf druid, but does your weapon lose durability as you attack in wolf form? ie. do you need to zod any ethereal weapon you use? (cause that's sadly not in the cards for me.) Thanks everyone.

6. Gibberish

Gibberish IncGamers Member

Yes you do.

For High Level Druid's that are rich = Eth BotD Ogre Maul :drool: , I love my 402% one :lol:

I hear a buriza is nice, good dmg, and more when you up it.
    And the best part of it, only thing that makes it superior to other weapons, is that you are not affected my IM while using it.
    When in wolf form you do a melee attack with the buriza, but the game still see's it as a ranged, no more insta-kills from oblivion knights in Chaos Sanctuary.

7. Burnt_toasty

Burnt_toasty IncGamers Member

Visit the Druid forum. They have guides there on your build archietype. However I suggest a IK maul 4 piece setup. Go there and ask if need be. However, with the 4-piece setup a typical WW fury will do around 5500dmg a swing.

A ribcracker is weak later levels compared to a IK maul if it is not upgraded.
    Even upgrading a RIB o an ARCHON staff needs a perfect one. Meaning if you do upgrade your staff you need a 300% ed one. An upgraded STAFF will bring you to approx 6500 dmg and more.

The BOTD is better served in a Ethereal Champion Axe. Ogre Maul Botd is not as powerful.

Go to the Druid forum. We are nice

8. snakebells

snakebells IncGamers Member

mauls

If you read up on the druid you will see that a maul is the druids best weapon. I have a lvl 99 druid and the best weapon i found for him so far is the crainum basher you have a 75% chance of crushing blow (double damage). I also like the hellslayer. Now in 110 patch there are a lot of new weapons i havent tried yet so look around but it will be hard to beat the crainum basher for pure physical damage.

have fun :buddies:

9. Burnt_toasty

Burnt_toasty IncGamers Member

Your reply is seriously misleading. Stating "a maul is a druids best weapon is incorrect". Druids are not like other characters. When they shapeshift there attack animations are extremely different. An IK maul is cheap and effective.

A cranium basher is junk. So is your hellslayer. If you check, research these weapons, you'd realize your attack speed is akin to a slug. The reason an IK maul is very effective is because of the WIAS. Weapon IAS. I must stress the extremee difference in attack animation. For example, OIAS, Outside of weapon Increased Attack Speed, is virtually useless in alot of cases. For a shifted druid the only real bonuses that effect them are the the ones on the weapon.

** And BOTD ETH GLORIOUS AXE

10. Evadek

Evadek Banned

Quite a good weapon I have discovered is a Bonehew with 2 shaels in it. I do veyr nice damage with it and attack very very quickly and what is also good is bonehews aren't worth anything.

11. Necrolestes

Necrolestes IncGamers Member

Ghost of a chance...

A good axe (but not a great one, considering the rest of the stats) is the Elite Unique Ethereal Edge silver-edged axe. It's both ethereal and indestructible so no need to Zod it. Being ethereal, it has lowered stat reqs. And being an axe, it gains a slight speed advantage in the hands of a Druid.

It isn't easy to find and I had to trade to get mine. As the gold it garners from merchants is exactly 3006 pieces, you won't have to shell out too much to the right buyer.

The Windhammer Elite Unique thunder maul is very impressive and it gives a significant boost to Elemental Druids and Bear Druids but I'd advise against it for a Wolf Druid. If you can find it, Shaefer's Hammer works wonders for any Weredruid.

In short, when it comes to Weredruids, "bash and slash" is the name of the game. Maces and axes are best with swords and polearms following closely behind (how close depends on your personal style and preference). Spears, daggers, throwing weapons, and missile weapons are not great choices for a Weredruid.