Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Please oh please just ONE more expansion

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Zargo1z, Feb 1, 2004.

1. Zargo1z

Zargo1z IncGamers Member

Please oh please just ONE more expansion

Hey all,
    As I sit here writing this, gaining up my new 1.10 fishymancer, (thanks Nightfish for the guide bro he's doing awsome) I think to myself as I about to enter Tristrom . Please blizzard would it be so much trouble to create an expansion of the diablo 1 laybrinth (sp?) that would allow us players to enter it's deep dungeons once again in diablo 2. after teleporting into Tristrom oh man I get this huge grin on my face just thinking about the dungeon from diablo 1, just think if they recreated it and put monsters inside of it for those really high level chars (make it locked off or something till a later time when char's are of high level) and added new quests to get from it and a really awsome boss at the end (not diablo of course, maybe a new guy) I mean come on you guys can't tell me you haven't thought about it when going to save Cain. I mean of course reformating the dungeon for diablo 2 would be some rough work but this expansion would just own so much. If there was anything else at all that they would ever add to diablo 2 to keep it alive, this is it for me. This would just do it. Letting me dungeon crawl back through all those levels I so enjoyed in diablo 1 all over again. hahahaha I can almost taste it :D

Zargo

2. farting bob

farting bob Banned

i ondt know about an expantion, since thats another £15-20 just for this 1 bonus act or sorts. but i woudl like to go through the dungeons of diablo 1, making it about the lvl or WSK in hell would seem about right. and mayeb not the whole of the diablo 1 game in it, but just a few lvls (3 then the boss seems popular to blizz) and include it in 1.11 (no its not a joke, it might happen). that woudl be much better.

3. SnakeEye85

SnakeEye85 IncGamers Member

yeap i would love it :)

i so totaly miss the atmosphere from DI´s creepy lvl´s

4. Spook_Cell

Spook_Cell IncGamers Member

Technically someone could make a mod but then again I don't know much about mods in general. But if it was possible and someone did that would rock :yep:

5. Starving Poet

Starving Poet Member

It would be kinda silly if Blizzard didn't add something. I mean the reason 1.1 took so long to come out was because they rewrote the item architecture so that adding anyhting in the future would be very easy. If Blizzard was smart, D3 (whatever you want to call it) would be based on the same item archetype as D2 with just new story / graphics / whatnot.

6. Ti-Ben

Ti-Ben IncGamers Member

That would be an excellent idea! Going all the to Hell again, but from a different path this time hehe.

7. narfman0

narfman0 IncGamers Member

I am thinking it is more cost effective to make a whole new diablo, which is why they weren't planning on another expansion. I would personally be more excited to see a totally jacked up diablo on a different engine with souped up graphics, new plot, and a lot of crazy devil-monsters dropping ALL new items. I think Blizzard agrees with me, which is why they are quitting diablo ii mostly.

8. farting bob

farting bob Banned

if they have given up on D2, its because of money. a ttoally new game wudl make alot more than an expansion, and a patch just costs them money.

9. LowLander

LowLander IncGamers Member

It's an :idea: , I love it!

I must humbly admit it never crossed my mind, but if killing Hell Baal unlocked a new dungeon some fifteen levels deep under tristram, I would :xgift: :xgift: , ehrmmm... Not complain.

Excellent thought!

10. Minor_Deity

Minor_Deity IncGamers Member

Through both open beta's it kept occurring to me, that some of the vast changes (read synergies and other) were so unnecessary from a patch point of view, that there must be more to it. From a patch point of view very little was needed aside a couple bug fixes and adding new runewords and recipes as was promised for so long. I think Blizzard used 1.10 as a testing ground for some of the ideas they had for Diablo III. Synergies alone had to cause major rebalancing issues. Why do that extra work($$$) on a game so old, unless to try some new things out and collect data on them, and reactions to them.

Although I would love any extras added to D2, I think Bliz is focused on new horizons. "D3 hope hope."

Just some thoughts.

11. alainpp66

alainpp66 IncGamers Member

They may just use everything they learned with the Synergies for World of Warcraft. It's what I heard, at least.

12. DMPI_Masher

DMPI_Masher IncGamers Member

That would be so nice!!! Bring back the music and ambiance of D1 as well...I would love to feel the fear of the butcher once again!