Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Please... no more information

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by Romak, Jun 16, 2009.

1. Romak

Romak Diabloii.Net Member

Please... no more information

With every new information that comes about Diablo 3, I feel like it's moving away from the diablo universe and game style. It's like Jay Wilson doesn't really get the point of the diablo games. I mean... what's wrong with PKing? In diablo 1 people could team up, fight some monsters, suddely go hostile, kill their partner and take his stuff xD Diablo 2's hostility system is Lala Land compared to that, and now... they remove hostility completely. One of the things I liked about Diablo, is that the game had the balls to do things no other game could. Hardcore for example - do you think it will be as harsh in Diablo 3? Of course not. Same goes to the drop systems... that you no longer need to rush to your drops. I mean, even in Guild Wars you can at least SEE what drops for other people, now in Diablo 3 you wont even know what your partner got unless he tells you - "Hey dude, why did you rush to the corner for no reason?" - "I was reaching to my drop..." - "Oh...". I think Jay Wilson really didn't enjoy Diablo 1 and 2 for the same reason most of us did.

So please... no more news... it's like torturing a puppy and releasing news about how you hit it.

So let's finish this quickly. Here are the future Diablo 3 news:

*Battle.net will cost 20$ per month with a special '200$ per year' offer!
    *There will be no PvP at all, so the game will stay player-friendly in all times!
    *There will be no 'single player' so battle.net community will be even larger!
    *There will be a chat filter. Because using cusswords is a no-no...
    *The Pass-Greed-Need system comes to Diablo!
    *The newly announced class: ... Elf!
    *Diablo 3 will be a text-rpg so there will be no graphical issues with any computer!

2. PahaLukki

PahaLukki Diabloii.Net Member

Re: Please... no more information

Chat-filter? Fail! **** this forum is actually using filters as well. WTF?
    Monthly fees? Fail! At least GW2 is not going to do this.

Back to basics: D1 > D2 > D3.

If future b.net is costly, what happens to old starcraft and diablo?

3. GuardianHadriel

GuardianHadriel Diabloii.Net Member

the elf class-F A I L

4. NASE

NASE Diabloii.Net Member

I agree. That part of the game will be lost of seriously diminished.

However, that's not the only part of the game. A thing that I enjoy atleast as much or even more (and of which I have much more memories) are the times when you end up in good team play.
    Problem is that having balls and still enhance and encourage team play isn't easy. Part of the reason why this failed in diablo II is because of the balls. Playing together at high end isn't interested as it doesn't pay off in terms of drops. The reason why hardcore team play is unexisting is because of (tp)pk. etc.

I hope they can find a way to give the game balls while encouraging team play. And I have faith they will succeed.
    And heck if they don't, it will still be a great action rpg, perhaps not really the successor I wanted, but great nevertheless.

5. Airazor

Airazor Diabloii.Net Member

I hope they don't end up dumbing it down for the casuals... that would suck.

6. peasant

peasant Diabloii.Net Member

You've pointed out the very reason why Blizzard removed it. What you described isn't fun. It's just a player being a jerk. Sure, there's enjoyment for the backstabber but it comes at the expense of the one getting stabbed in the back. It's called griefing and that isn't supposed to be how you play the game.

7. korialstraz

korialstraz Diabloii.Net Site Pal

All I see is whine whine whine, but I'll try and reply seriously.

That's not fun at all for the player being killed. In fact it might mean Blizzard looses a customers because some dude thinks it is fun being a jerk. Did you ever get killed the way you describe? And if so did you think afterwards "Oh my that was fun! Now let's start rebuilding my char so someone else can kill it again!!!"

I highly doubt that.

Hardcore in D2 was made harsh because of hackers. If there was no tppk you would only have your regular PKers who are easy to avoid. If D3 has the same hardcore mode as D2 it will be equally harsh. From that point the hackers will be the deciding factor in really how harsh it gets.

At least I won't get annoyed because someone using hacks (pickit for example) to steal my drop. And yes if I'm in a party and all the others do is leeching I consider the drop mine. In D3 this is fixed with the current drop system, and I really do like it. Hopefully we don't see the pass-greed-need thing, but still much better than D2.

Battle.net 2.0 will be free to play. At least that is what's been said so far.

/fail at predicting future

There will most likely be some form of PvP, but no PKing/griefing, which might actually make the game more fun to all the players who are not douches.

There will be singleplayer, although AFAIK no LAN support.

I wouldn't mind a chat filter. Makes it easier to ignore ragning people with anger management issues.

You don't know that for sure. Still it's a step up from D2 imo, although I'd prefer the current system where each player gets his own loot.

That would kinda suck. Still I won't condemn a game because of 1 class.

Running out of ways to whine? We've already seen in game videos and lots of pics from the game.

If this was just a troll post then... at least it gave me something to do at work o.o

Yes the forum uses filters. There are minors reading on this forum too.

And as stated above there is not going to be monthly fees. D3 afterall is not an MMO.

8. PahaLukki

PahaLukki Diabloii.Net Member

I still don't understand chat filters. No minors ever want chat filters. I don't know anyone in real life that is yay to have chat filters. The only people who want chat filters are insecure adults of US origin. The rest of the world undestands that words are just words. Anyhow, if filters are introduced, I hope they opt for the **** system instead of the system that leaves the message completely unposted. That system can result in nasty situations where you type something and it doesn't send it, so you have to type it again... Utter fail.

9. korialstraz

korialstraz Diabloii.Net Site Pal

I wouldn't mind having a chat filter, I'm not of US origin and I wouldn't say I'm insecure either. However according to laws I'm considered an adult :whistling:

Words aren't always just words. Some people do get offended by it, and in serious cases can lead to complications later in life, and worst case scenario, suicide.

10. stillman

stillman Diabloii.Net Member

I thought the 'dude, why are you going to a corner?' part was funny, but it's not going get asked in the game. After the first 10 minutes of playing, everyone will know exactly why he's going over as if to pick up something....something is actually there for him. So his response will be 'same reason YOU wen't over to a corner 2 seconds ago: to pick up loot.'

In other words, we're all going to get very used to no PvP griefing, individual loot, and other things.

11. Brandonn

Brandonn Diabloii.Net Member

We wouldn't need chat filters if people were mature and responsible with their language. Poor language is a sad replacement for real words with true meaning.

I swear on occasion - but never on purpose, and never because I've put thought into what I'm about to say - usually because I just hurt myself.

So if some @$$Hat wants to play D3 and spam **** or ****** or *** and ***, then I'm not going to like my kids playing D3. Of course, dead bodies and blood and demons should probably cause me to reconsider them playing at all, but those things don't really bother me - they do say Americans don't have as many issues with violence...

I'd be satisfied with just options to turn chat on/off and to ignore people by name.

12. Romak

Romak Diabloii.Net Member

First of all, as a reply to korialstraz (and partly to peasant). The part with the "Future Diablo 3 News" was sarcastic, those examples were exaggerated and I don't really expect them to happen (except for the chat-filter one... I can actually see that happening).
    Now secondly, with the Diablo 1 hostility system - I didn't mention it because I thought it was good, in fact it was way too extreme... I just gave it as an example to how Blizzard are getting more and more soft. Sorry I wasn't clear. My actual opinion about this, is that Diablo 2 hostiliy system is better than Diablo 1's and obviously better than 'completely removed'. Oh and I'm not whining or complaining. Just stating my opinion (just like you did). I don't really expect Blizzard to change their ways because of my post or even stop giving news... because I can't. Except for those parts I mention, in which you just didn't understand me right, I completely respect your goody-goody opinions. It's just that I don't share them.

For everyone else... thanks for supporting [some of] my statemens.

13. sbn

sbn Diabloii.Net Member

The problem with the whole hostility aspect was that it completely negated the interests in creating a cooperative play game. Much like they now have addressed drops. What is fine on paper just does not work in the real world, or virtual world. Problem was there never was any penalty for going hostile, as such the system was abused to the end by children, immature players, and selfish idiots to relieve their stress and tensions by making others enjoy the game less. The actual number of people that found PKing to be a vital part of this game is minuscule. Remember this, since day one the idea of this game was always for players to get online together and work as a group to play through the game. What was their idea has somewhat gone astray over the years segments of the game just worked against coop.

So really, people just need to start realizing that D3 is correcting flaws not addressed earlier, and in some regards is becoming the game D1 and D2 were supposed to be.

14. Bad Ash

Bad Ash Diabloii.Net Member

The reason they are removing a lot of the things or changing a lot of the things in D3 from D2 is because people were hacking to use them. Bots, pick its, TPPK, all created an unfair advantage for the people who used them.

So what is Blizzard doing instead? Going to make the game harder NATURALLY IN GAME as opposed to the community making it harder on the average player.

Losing drops to pick it is stupid, its a good sacrifice for everyone having their own drops and is going to be fun. You never know, the might put in a system where we can see everyones drops in a clear color and our drops in full color of what they are. We dont know how the game is going to turn out. Based on what we've heard there is no reason for posts like these because we dont know how its going to be implemented and its just people looking for reasons to complain.

15. NASE

NASE Diabloii.Net Member

You should not be looking at the act. You need to look at what atmosphere, what air the possibility creates. And the possibility of pk helps to create an atmosphere of brutalness or in the words of Romak, it gives the game balls.
    Same can be said for other mechanisms such as the sheared drops.

Now, taking those mechanisms out of diablo II will change the atmosphere. The atmosphere won't be that brutal, it won't be that world where every is against you.
    The question is, how can be keep this brutal atmosphere, how can we keep the balls in diablo III. diablo II without pk, shared drops and some more abandoned 'features' just doesn't cut it (ball-wise). And some of us are wandering when blizzard is going to announce features to bring back the balls.

The problem is that rarely, just words are that offensive. Calling someone an idiot or asshole might be offending, yet isn't going to lead to complications. Problems starts arising when you start writing paragraphs about his mother. And his mother and the milkman, about his mother and...
    I think you get the point.

And eventually, no wordfilter is going prevent that. So why bother at all. if you want to hurt/offend someone, there are enough ways to do it. And no wordfilter is going to stop them from doing it if they really want.

16. Risingred

Risingred Diabloii.Net Member

All of the things you complain about are all of the things I hated about Diablo 2...and especially Diablo I.

Should we re-introduce town-killing too? How about rezdeath because that didn't get old?
    Say what you want about hardcore and PVP but just keep in mind that the design team doesn't even know how it's going to handle PVP yet. You're getting ticked off over something that may (or may not) be drastically improved over one of the million broken systems that D2 has.
    People can't seem to grasp that, even though blizzard has stated it many times, Diablo has always been designed as a co-op experience.

Pking is not the only form of b.net griefing. If you want to see griefing, you should have seen some of the stuff that took place in D1 b.net
    I'm not even talking about gameplay. Stalking, channel wars, all that fun stuff.

I don't agree with the chat filter either, if the game is M-Rated (for US, I don't know what the ratings are for other countries, apologies). If the game isn't M-Rated, then having a chat filter that you can toggle on or off is a good way for the company to watch its back. I don't see anything wrong with that, so long as you have the option of turning it off.
    I'd probably keep mine on if I decide to go back to battle.net to seperate the legitimate players from the total asshat children who I'm sure will be in the majority.

17. Starving_Poet

Starving_Poet Diabloii.Net Member

I actually wouldn't mind a text-based diablo.

18. Kaeros

Kaeros Diabloii.Net Member

Troll topics like this should be deleted on sight. No reason to post something we've all heard 100 times before, especially without offering any solutions to the beef you have with D3. D2 came out a decade ago -- expect some things to change.

19. Putz

Putz Diabloii.Net Member

My only two cents I feel are needed...

OH NO, CHANGE!?!?!
    :weep:

20. Kiroptus

Kiroptus Diabloii.Net Member

Its always amazing to me how people see the design flaws of the past diablo games and see them as some kind of brilliance that is being lost in Diablo 3.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2009