Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Please help - Need some advice on items for Frenzy build.

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by HuskerPower, Mar 2, 2004.

1. HuskerPower

HuskerPower IncGamers Member

Please help - Need some advice on items for Frenzy build.

Hi. I'm new to these boards, and I have not played Diablo for about 6 months. Obviously MUCH has changed with the patch and all, and I need some help in determining which items are best to use for my Frenzy Titan build.

I've whirled far too many times to find it very fun anymore, and have decided to go with a Frenzy Titan build, opting to max out its synergies (which are best)? Not having created a Frenzy barb before and with the new changes, I could really use some advice on determining which items are best for this build. I'm planning to use swords (the Bul-Kathos set, I love the role playing aspect of that set).

Please help!

2. Grandar King of Trolls

Grandar King of Trolls IncGamers Member

I've never tried the BK set before, but the only thing I would worry about is whether or not they will do enough damage for you in endgame. But if you really like them, then go for it. I am looking to build a titan frenzy barb right now myself, and am planning on relying on ITD while ignoring dex and AR, so maybe Jah's in the BK's.

As to skills, there is some debate there. Take a look at my thread about Frenzy in 1.10 and see what people are saying.

Also, aparently AS on your second weapon is ignored, so be sure to put the Tribal Guardian in your left slot first and then add the other sword.

With Jah's you are going to need to look for a 40/15 jewel and IAS gloves, since you won't be able to shael your swords and they have relatively low damage when compared to some of the runewords you could make. That is more or less the build I am looking at making. I'm also thinking enigma for the high def and boosted str. But maybe a good, socketed plate and more 40/15 jewels would be better.

3. HuskerPower

Thanks for the advice. I might stick with the BK swords for the role playing aspect, I just think it's cool!

As for other items I really don't know if I can afford them, considering I have no knowledge of trade value :scratch:

4. Grandar King of Trolls

Grandar King of Trolls IncGamers Member

That is my problem, too. I have a mule literally full of pgems and no idea what they are worth. :)

5. HuskerPower

What do you think would be a good Titan Frenzy armor?

Maybe something socketed with ed/ias jewels? I haven't really looked at the new runewords but Lionheart was always pretty nice for mid levels.. What do you think?

I thought Chains of Honor looked pretty good with the strength mod. 4 socketed armor is hard to come by though, and Ber and Ist aren't exactly the easiest runes to come by (I think, that's how it was when I used to play...).