Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Please help me with serious doubts!!

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by sutra, Feb 12, 2004.

1. sutra

sutra IncGamers Member

Please help me with serious doubts!!

Hi guys,

Sorry for my ignorance, but what does it means when this apears in game "xxx sojs sold to merchants"?

And by the way i got two more questions:

1-What is the best way to lvl up you merc to same lvl as u?

2-What is the best way to get a good gear to start hardcore: play solo or party?

Thanks..

2. Daemonaz

Daemonaz IncGamers Member

It is a counter that spawns the Diablo Clone. It raises when someone on the server sells a SOJ to the merchants but no one is really certain whether that is the whole story. At a random moment the counter will stop and the message Diablo Walks the Earth. Your screen will start shaking and turn red. Go to the location of a Super Unique (Eldritch, Shenk, Rakanishu, etc.) and you will find the big Diablo Clone there.

1) The best way at lower levels is to clear out most of the areas and do this solo. Your merc will gain Xp from your kills, but not from party kills. Also try to let him kill as much as possible himself, because he will get full Xp for those kills. Good places to level low level mercs are: The Sewers, The Arcaine Sanctuary and Canyon of the Magi in Act 2 until he is about level 20. After that try Travincal in Act 3 until he is level 25. After that any place in normal is good. You will notice that once he gets higher and higher in level, he'll easily keep up with you (unless you do boring baal runs).

2) I never play HC but if I would imagine that if you can stay alive solo that that is the best way to gain items. Solo meph runs in normal, then move up to nightmare when you are comfortable, then hell to find basic equipment. If you can't teleport do Eldritch and Shenk runs in Act 5.

3. sutra

sutra IncGamers Member

Ok thanks... that was very helpful!

Just one more:

I'm from Portugal so i created my char in the europe realm..

When i log on to other realm, my char isn't there....!

Do i have to create a char to play in another realm?

4. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

characters exist only on the realm you create them on, been to the newcomer forum?