Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Please help me with new character

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by motormaniac5, Mar 5, 2004.

1. motormaniac5

motormaniac5 IncGamers Member

Please help me with new character

Hi, to start things off, I have NO equipment other than stuff i can buy from merchants, so this character will be untwinked. Classes i am willing to play are necromancer, druid, and barbarian. i want to make an MF character that i can solo easily with store bought equipment til i can solo meph in normal for some better equip, then nm and hell later.

Any builds out there that would suit these needs well? please note this character needs to be somewhat non-item dependant

2. motormaniac5

I just realized that the 3 classes i want are the 3 that can mess around with corpses in one way or another... just something interesting to think about.

3. Kaelin

Kaelin IncGamers Member

For the necro: The Fishymancer is great. He might be a little slow without any good equipment, but he shouldn't be difficult at all.
    I know too little to comment on the other two..

Regards,
    Kaelin

4. motormaniac5

i was worried about making a pet class, especially one that has to ressurect their pets from dead things... should this be a problem in MF? due to the fact of having to get pets again every run, about 3 minutes a run...

5. NSXdreamer

NSXdreamer IncGamers Member

Usual rule is go to act 1 just outside camp to gather them, the monsters are easy to kill and there are many around, takes about a min to get them all. But I've never played a summon necro much, so what do I know. :)

6. Kaelin

Kaelin IncGamers Member

Well I can't say for Mephy, as my necro does only the pit, but you pretty much just use the merc to get the first kill, then either corpse explode and have lots of them, or just start raising skellies..He is a bit stuffed when you don't have money to resurrect your merc though;)

The barb is probably best for mfing Meph (out of your list), but I know zilch about them in 1.10, so let someone else comment there.

Regards,
    Kaelin

7. motormaniac5

well, looks like not much knowledge coming through yet about this topic, but at least i am getting replies... i don't think if i plan on MFing i should spend a minute gathering skeletons prehand though, so i will probably not use the fishymancer. dunno yet

8. JohnnyBravo

JohnnyBravo IncGamers Member

Give it awhile... remember that these forum members are all over and in manyt differant time zones. Expect at least a day to get replies from most people.

As for me, I had a Hunter Druid. It was fun and pretty fast. I used Heart of Oaks to lengthen my minions and my life. I never used him for MFing, but thinking how much life I had I would think you could sacrifice resistance for MF.

Disclaimer: I never got him very far into NM before my HD crash so I don't know how well he can survive in hell.

9. motormaniac5

i had a hunter druid in 1.09 too, before i quit the game for more than 90 days and lost my account to innactivity, you know if they are still viable in 1.10?

10. JohnnyBravo

JohnnyBravo IncGamers Member

Sorry mine was 1.09 also. I focused exclusively on the summon tree so I'd have plenty of skill points. I did have over 1k in life by the end of normal level (Oak Sage maxed). So I think it would still be viable.

11. motormaniac5

well, there is another person looking for the same thing i am atm in a different thread, sadly, and from what people are telling him there is fishymancer hammerdin and vegasorc are the best for an untwinked that would like MFing

12. EdgeFrog00

EdgeFrog00 IncGamers Member

My advice is to go with the druid. I have a lvl 90 werewolf and a lvl 62 barb (in nm) and the druid is far easier for one reason: the ability to summon a tank...er, i mean pet. The lycanthropy/ww life increase are available earlier than BO, and fury is in the top two melee attacks in the game. After you take into account that the monsters are swinging at your bear while you get to swing at them, at least early in the game and untwinked, I think the ww druid is the easiest way to go. Good luck no matter which you choose. :thumbsup:

13. motormaniac5

thanks for the help... although, i have heard differently about the werewolf thing, some people say that they are 'expensive' to make, and difficult to play, but i don't know how true that is...

14. Stack

Stack IncGamers Member

The Fishymancer would probably be the easiest. Melee characters are usually more item dependant. I don't think it has been mentioned yet, HC or SC, kinda really makes a difference.

15. motormaniac5

Most definately SC, i am a pansy... =) i find fun in the game is when you find that awesome item you have been hopeing for in you 200+ meph runs =) so far however, on my level 20 CB sorc, which i have made my temporary MF character who runs normal andy runs, has found 3 set items, artic furs, and 2 shields, 1 ceglaws, 1 hsaurus... so in other words, i am not AS much without equipment anymore... but still not looking too good hehe

if that clears things up alittle, i am off to play alittle more while i wait for a definitive answer about my question on how much pets would effect my MF runs... we shall see.

16. Kaelin

Kaelin IncGamers Member

Depends which mf run really. I find pets make a negligible difference for the pit at least...I can't imagine running Mephy with anything but a sorceress tho *shudders*.

Btw, do you not have items for this char because you want to go untwinked, or because you literally have no items? I'm sure we could help you out if it's the latter.

Regards,
    Kaelin

17. motormaniac5

it is the i have no items of any value one... but i am not a stranger to the game though... i played a good while in 1.09, but i know just about nothing about 1.10 and my account when inactive for too long, so i lost my accounts (had one for main characters and 1 for mules lol... =) but i am hopeing to change that... i have about 60 MF atm with store bought gaunts, boots, and an amulet i found already... oh, and i just found a sword that is a crystal thing (the normal version of a phase blade) it has 8 to 33 damage due to its 65% ed and +8 max damage, so i am thinking i could make a half decent frenzy barb if i bought another one from the store and used an imbue from one of my trail toons to get decent stats... just another thought from me, tell me what you think

18. motormaniac5

just coming back to let you guys know my fishymancer is doing great, level 21 atm, he soloed duriel 3 whole levels before the guide thought i should try it =) proved him that i don't need decriptify for duriel =). Also, i have been getting TONS of great items while soloing, for my level at least.. a couple set items, a ring with mana leach, a ring with 7 MF AND 5 Life leach, gorefoot boots, at least i think thats the name... suited best for a booyaka bard, but still good for the 20 run/walk. just would like to thank everyone for their help.. one more thing, i am running at 80 MF now, and rising quickly... thanks again