Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Please help me with my new necro, I have no idea what Im doing,lol o

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by KuroiShuriken, Apr 25, 2005.

1. KuroiShuriken

KuroiShuriken IncGamers Member

Please help me with my new necro, I have no idea what Im doing,lol

Hi, I've made a necro for the first time, and I need help to make is effective. I'm trying to make it a summon necro that uses 2 curses as backup, and I need to know if Im doing the stats properly:

Amp Damage:1

Iron Maiden:1

skeletal mastery:2 (+1 from items)

clay golem:2 (+1 from items)

Raise Skelly:5 (+1 from items)

Rasie Skelly Mage:4

I dont plan on putting any more into amp damage, but should I put more into iron maiden?

Should skelly mastery be my priority instaed of putting more points into raise skelly and raise skelly mage? (because it benefits them both, as well as revive, which I want to max out when I hit 30?)

The reason I put points into clay golem is because I heard it was good to slow down enemies with. Should I put more points into it? or is it just a waste? Should I focus on golem mastery and later switch to a different golem?

Should I continue to put stats into skellys? I've heard they're useless after normal mode, is this true? What about skelly mages? Should I max them out?

Unfortunately I dont have any great items, so I only get a little help from the ones I do have. If nyone has some necro stuff they dont need and would be willing to give me, I'd really apreciate it.

Well, as you can see Im a total newb with necros, I really need help, so if anyone can at least give me some advice, I'd be eternally grateful.

2. Bigru

Bigru IncGamers Member

this is the build i would recomend. very common

20 skeleton raise
    20 skeleton mastery
    1 in mages
    1 in revives
    1 in clay
    1 in golem mastery
    1 in summon resist
    20 in corpse explosion
    1 in amp
    1 in decrepify
    1 in bone armor
    + pre requisites
    from there u can get your revives or bone wall better.

if your on a bnet realm i recommend getting marrowwalk boots, but if you do DO NOT put any points into bone prison, none at all.

this build can get you through hell with minimal +skills from items, allthough i prefer to use about 22 +skills :)

also try get homoculus, get enough dexterity for max block, also arm of king leoric is a very good cheap wand to use.

3. rubberband shooter

rubberband shooter IncGamers Member

1 point in amp damage is fine, but don't put any more points in iron maiden, it is not really useful for a summoner. You should put 1 point in decrepify as it really help against act bosses and some hard hitting bosses. Also, look into dim vision, they are useful for binding and thus shutting down enemy monsters.

It is true... for ver.1.09 and any other earlier patch. Skeleton warriors are improved greatly in 1.10, the currenr patch. They are now very strong in all difficulty.

Skeleton mages are optional. Some people think that they are useless because of their low damage, which is not true, as the fire and lightning mages can actually do good damage when maxed. Skeleton mages also function well as extra meat sheilds. However, skeleton mages can also block doorways in tight places, which can be annoying, so take this into consideration.

You should max raise skeleton first, as it increase your number of skeletons as well as their stats. Work on skeleton mastery next, than skeleton mages if you want to use them.

I don't recommand maxing out revive if this is your first summoner. Because of their high mana cost and 180 sec (3min) timer, it is very difficult to maintain a large army of them (20+ when maxed with +skills). Put only 1 point in revive if you want to use them and let +skills equiment do the rest.

1 point in clay golem and golem mastery is enough. High life, slow enemy and low mana cost make the clay golem the best overall golem. Iron golem is also a viable option if you have good items for them.

Corpse explosion is also a very useful skill as it can clear rooms in matter of seconds. Definatly put at least a point in it, max it if you want.

Don't worry too much about items, the summoner (or skelemancer) is one of the least item dependant builds. Some smart trading and magic-finding should get you by.

4. KuroiShuriken

Thanks so much! This is really gonna help me out. :clap: This is exactly what I wanted to know.

5. batuchka

batuchka IncGamers Member

Hmm if i were to make a pure summoner this patch i'd go:

Max Raise Skeleton
    Max Skeleton Mastery
    Max Skeleton Mages
    Max Corpse Explosion
    5 Lower Resist

Merc: Act 2 nitemare Offensive (Might)

I researched on a high level Skeleton Mastery/Skeleton Mages and according to Arreat Summit with a lvl 30 mastery/ 30 mages if one were to average out all the elemental attacks a mage would do 258 (average max) elemental damage. Now think 10 of em and thats 2580. Factor in a slvl 15 Lower Resist curse (-60 elemental resist) and your 10 mages with lvl 30/30 mastery/mages would do total 4.3k! I think with AOKL/Homo a +10 to all skills is more than realistic and just think of how useful your mages would be in hell against PIs (those that amp damage cannot break immunity) and i really think its a good idea to max out mages. I am working on a build that uses trang gloves+armor(+2 summon/curses/+18 fireball/ring of firebolt/ect) set that allows the summoner necro to deal a secondary fire attack to make full use of a slvl 15 Lower Resist (so he'll be like a supermage with 2k+ fire dmg hehe) and i am at a crossroads to go max damage or damage return. If the effects or a thorns aura + max iron maiden are good enough in hell this patch then i'd go:

Max Raise Skeleton
    Max Skeleton Mastery
    Max Skeleton Mages
    Max Iron Maiden
    5 Lower Resist
    rest into CE

Merc : Act 2 Thorns or 'Edge' Act 1 Fire Rogue Merc

I have to be finding out if a lvl 30 Iron Maiden + slvl 15 Thorns would be good enuff to generate corpses in hell :p The damage return looks good on paper as with thorns+IM any hell monster who wants to bully my mages gets punished with interest hehe.

6. cotton

cotton IncGamers Member

1 in clay golem, 1 in golem mastery, 1 in summon resist is all you really need for gumby. After you have maxed RS and Skeleton Mastery, got a point in bone armor and CE, 1 in amp, decrep, and dim, you can pretty well choose where to put the rest. Maxing CE is an option, building mages is fine, and/or working on your bone armor works, too. A point in revive sometimes helps, as does a point in some of the other curses.

7. KuroiShuriken

Ok thanks,

I have a small problem: I'm level 32, but I cant get revive. I have (as you know) points into summon skelly (21) and into skelly mage (4) which are the prerequisistes, but it's not letting me put a point into revive ( I only want 1) why is this?

Thanks for everything, this is proving really helpful.

8. batuchka

Hmm perhaps u did not put a point after clay (blood and iron golems) which are prerequisites to revive?

9. KuroiShuriken

Oh shoot, I thought I only had to put points into the skells because they lead right to it, I did'nt know I had to do both.

Thanks, that helps.

10. batuchka

Hehe no problem :p Hope u have fun with the necromancer you're making :D