Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Please help me with my hybrid Amazon, I can't do baal run even I have WF.......

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by kakitpro, Feb 12, 2004.

1. kakitpro

kakitpro IncGamers Member

Please help me with my hybrid Amazon, I can't do baal run even I have WF.......

Hi
    Can anyone give me some advices about my hybrid amazon? The main goal of this build is to do baal run (mf). Currently, she is lvl 78.
    And she maxed (without item)
    -Lighting Fury
    -Charged strike
    -Valkyrie (lvl 15)
    -Multishot (lvl 8)
    -lvl (1) magic arrow, cold arrow, guided arrow, penetrate,pierce,dodge,inner sight,slow missiles,decoy,jab,power strike,poison javelin,plague javelin
    -lvl (3) lighting bolt
    lvl (2),critical strike,evade,avoid

And
    -strength : 223 (with titan and stormshield) 183 (without)
    -dex : 287 (with titan and stormshield) 272 (without)
    -vit : 73 (with titan and stormshield) same (without) (553)
    -energy : 20 (with titan and stormshield) same (without)

Gear :
    -Shako (no socket)
    -Stormshield (no socket)
    -Titan (163%)
    -6% Wf (socketed with sheal)
    -Twitchthroe (socketed with 15% ias jewel) / The rune word armor “SMOKE†(+50 to all resist)
    -raven frost
    -rare ring (46ar 4%ll +4 str +3eng cold resist 23 lighting resist 28)
    -belt: wilhelm’s pride
    -highlord ammy
    -gore ridor boots

Damage:
    -multi shot : 147-1446
    -lighting fury: 1-1128
    -guided arrow: 201-2001
    -charged strike:1-1638

Charms: resist charms

Honestly, I don’t have any problem with non-lighting immune monster. I just cast valkyrie and I throw lighting fury to them. The real problem is burning soul (black soul). Since I don’t have much resist even I got the anya quest. I could take one burning soul with guilded but if a group of them, I will die in a second. Therefore, can anyone point out my mistakes? And should I remake my character and max frozen arrow instead of mutishot? I am really appreciated of anyone’s advices. Thank you. By the way, If anyone has a similar build as me, but you can take down burning soul without any problem. Please let me know your gear and skills . Thanks.
    (If anyone thinks wf sucks and I should trade it to get something, so that I can make a strong char to do hell baal right by myself, please let me know..) Thanks

2. sir_bazz

sir_bazz IncGamers Member

Mistake No.1.

Low life.....twice the life you have now would be what I would recomend.

Mistake No.2

Non-Maxxed resists. Max your lightning and fire resists.
    Also get some + to max lightning resist and some lightning absorb.

If your doing Hell baal runs you will get hit by black souls.

My zon is lvl 92 and tho she isn't hybrid, (LF/PJ), I think you'll find that every char has this problem with black souls.

Maxxing LR and wearing enough lightning absorb to negate they're damage is the only way around it I'm afraid.

bazz.

3. jwfcp

jwfcp IncGamers Member

for those damn lightning casters i have 3 options, the first two involve doing meph runs untill you find blackthorns face/tgods. the third is proper use of decoy. against opponents like meph's ice ball or hydra, you want to put it smack dab in the way so it will block attacks that were meant for you. but against things like baal and the souls that go through a decoy like a hot knife through butter, you want to put it of at an angle so that if it gains his /their attection those bolts will go elsewhere. this makes the zon the only char which can handle them bastards by default.

you have raven frost so that will make baal so much easier. go ahead and use that smoke. also try to keep near meph, if you run away he puts up a whole forest of tentacles, which makes you retreat further and next thing you know hes got a twin, just keep the pressure on.

you didnt mention gloves, i would go with laying of hands because they are "the quad laser and nothing can stop the quad laser." even though the ias wont help you one way or another.

4. ik_iron

ik_iron IncGamers Member

If you are having problems with black soulds just get your rez maxed to an 85 with a tgods on and you should be good to do. You will still take damage but it will be reduced enough that you should be able to handle it easy peasy style.

5. Boooyakasha

Boooyakasha IncGamers Member

Spend more in Avoid or Evade, if you can make it to above 50%, the Lightning by Black Soul will only have half a chance to hit you. Slow Missle works on them too, that is a sight to be seen as the whole screen is filled with slowed Lightning :)

Another way is to cast Decoy to the edge of screen and approach it slowly. If you find Lightning attacking your Decoy, shoot your GA or MS until no leeching animation on your char.

At the end of the day is better to raise your Lightning Resist and use ThunderGod. A stray one will still kill you for that little amount of life you have. Try not to stand still at one spot.

6. eatbeef

eatbeef IncGamers Member

start new, this time get your vit up to about 300. With the extra vit you should breese through hell baal runs. CS, LF A point or two in the passave skils and what ever bow skils you may want. try and get atleast +8-10 to skills through your gear: shako titans marias & Tgods is a nice start.

BTW the armor that u are useing is a bit poor(smoke is ok) find a three socket armor and make a lionheart. Or complete the deciple set, this will give you every thing you need. +3 to skills monster res and increased ias.

7. Frenzied Bovine

Frenzied Bovine IncGamers Member

Swap helm for Andy's Visage socketed with Ral (IIRC).
    Wear Smoke all the time.
    Swap amulet for Crescent Moon.
    Swap belt for TGods.

8. kakitpro

kakitpro IncGamers Member

Thx for all the advices..........by the way , i am using a rare glove :20%ias 14dex 13%mf 23lighting resist and 24fire resist,,,,,,,,,, Not bad right?

So if I start to make a new one, what bow skill should i use?

9. inkanddagger

inkanddagger Banned

freezing arrow works good on them.

also - for killing hell baal use charged strike and as much crushing blow as you can get. I always go to my stash and switch shako out for guillaumes face just before doing any boss. 35% CB seems to be enough to make killing him go by in about 30 seconds or so. If you have good attack rating with 1 point into jab, then jab him with crushing blow and watch his life fall fast - and then switch to CS after he's at half life or so, since the cb will have diminishing returns after that point.

10. Frenzied Bovine

Frenzied Bovine IncGamers Member

I hope the above poster means charged bolt strike..

If you were to rebuild, i'd strongly recommend a pure strafer tweaked for speed.

11. eatbeef

eatbeef IncGamers Member

NAW, a javazon focusing on lightning is a good choice as well.

12. scleung85

scleung85 IncGamers Member

Thx guys...By the way, does anyone of you have a hybrid amazon? If you did, can you tell me your skill? :clap:

13. jwfcp

jwfcp IncGamers Member

the best crowd pleaser is lf and the best boss owner is guided still (100 ed and no 3/4 dmg reduction) + synergies and passives with stats tailored to gear. simple really. just choose early wheather or not your final build is going to have enigma (thats 50 str).

14. Xiamet

Xiamet IncGamers Member

Guided is not the boss killer it once was...especially now that it dfoesn't pierce. Strafe, even with the damaged nerfed, gets a minimum of 7 hits in vs single targets....and that's per Strafe volley. With a fast bow, Strafe easily takes down Bosses and does it much faster than GA. With an Atama's on, and LoH....it's a cakewalk.

Dealing with gloams is a problem for most char classes...for a Zon, I find FA the best solution, as you can fire it offscreen, and you stop them from firing at you.

Get a good pierce and you'll stop whole groups of gloams. Use your valk and decoy to take the heat of yourself and Freeze'em to ice bits.

Even so..I don't know that a Zon, hynrid or otherwise, would be the best choice for Baal running...

-X

15. jwfcp

jwfcp IncGamers Member

actually i believe its called next delay and makes every other arrow be inelligable to strike the target if there is only one target, so 5 max. now lets say you have the 9/2 fps (doesnt everyone?) thats 27 per attack with the same setup guided would have hit exactly 3 times. they both have pretty much the some bonus 5% per lvl so its actually just about dead even. but for building a hybrid you dont need ar so thats lots of points saved from penetrate and lots of room made in your gear.

16. jwfcp

jwfcp IncGamers Member

well i caught myself, the decoy merc and valk each add one arrow making strafe better by a slight margin, but i still stand my ground on wanting to use ga for a hybrid to negate the need for ar.