Please Help me Perfect my PvP Wind Druid

wei1

Diabloii.Net Member
Please Help me Perfect my PvP Wind Druid

I started a pretty sweet druid but it could still use some tweaking. I had a few questions I was hoping you guys could help me with.

1) Should I max block and what shield should I use?
2) What are the FCR, FHR, and FBR tables for Druids?
3) How can I increase my damage?
4) Any other recommendations!

This is what I have so far:

Shako (o/s)
Wyrmhide Enigma
HOTO
Mara's
SOJ
20 dex Ravenfrost
Silkweave
uped Frostburns
Arachnid Mesh
Lidless Wall (o/s)
10 Ele GCs
9 20 Life SCs
20/16/8 Anni

As far as my gear goes, I think I would need to replace my lidless with a better shield in duels.

My Stats are (with all gear):
147 Str
83 Dex
217 Vit
57 Ene
223 Free Points

5612-5900 Tornado
2530-2635 Hurricane
977 Life (w/out sage)
704 Mana
Resists = 8 (but cyclone armor absorbs 2828 dmg)

~Kazama Fury~

Diabloii.Net Member
hi

theres a lovely section called "STICKIES"!
and in one of those stickies, theres a thread called guides! it even says "PLEASE READ FIRST". theres a pvp wind druid by fenris which will answer ALL your questions, if you have some unanswered questions after reading his guide AND the thread, you can always post in the thread and fen will personally answer your question.

memememe173

Diabloii.Net Member
dont worry these guys are just in Wolf form (my what big teeth you have) but are generally pretty nice (as long as they dont have a bad fur day) (damn im awful) (feel free to me[mememe173] with a mallet)

ttd-gap

Diabloii.Net Member
Yeah, deffinatly read the guide.

Here are some striking problems with your build.
1. Dont use a raven if you plan on teleing with enigma.
2. Wymride was a bad choice, go breast plate next time.
3. If you plan on blocking anything dont use a lidless.
4. Use magefist over frosties.
5. Jalals over shako (shael it).
6. Use resistance/fhr small charms instead of 20 lifers.
7. Find nice rare boots with fhr/resists/stats and rw if you don't tele.
8. Get 75%+ resists. The + because of facets/lower res/concentration.

Magefist + SS > Frostburns + lidless
Check the druid faq for hit recovery and casting breakpoints. Pump dex enough for 75% block with SS.

We need some of you nice ppl to point out the guides at the pala forum.

BTW how does he claim to have the "Perfect PvP Wind Druid" if he knows nothing on dmg, fcr, fhr, and how to increase dmg. It boggles the mind. :flip:

Jell-O

Diabloii.Net Member
Mr.Glasscock said:
BTW how does he claim to have the "Perfect PvP Wind Druid" if he knows nothing on dmg, fcr, fhr, and how to increase dmg. It boggles the mind. :flip:
The title said "help me perfect my druid" which to me sounds like he wants help to reach perfection rather than saying he has a perfect one :)

GIR

Banned
Jell-O said:
The title said "help me perfect my druid" which to me sounds like he wants help to reach perfection rather than saying he has a perfect one :)
If he really wanted to "perfect" it, he wouldn't have put points into energy. But maybe that's just me.

Strid

Diabloii.Net Member
In short:

1) Should I max block and what shield should I use?

Ok... you don't seem to like blocking or Physical Damage Reduction. I would use a Stormshield for the blocking and DR, and I think you should do the same. and you got plenty of stat points to sink into Dex.

2) What are the FCR, FHR, and FBR tables for Druids?

Read the stickys. :)

3) How can I increase my damage?

Your damage is really fine. I don't think you need to tweak that aspect of your build. reach the 99% FCR BP, if you want more damage over time, rater than getting higher damage.

4) Any other recommendations!

Yes:

- Replace the Ravenfrost with a Bul-Katho's ring or SoJ. If you want CBF, put a Cham rune in hat/shield.
- Ditch the Lidless for a Stormshield. You could put a -req/res jewel in it.
- Frostburns could be changed to Trang-Oul's gloves or Magefist for 20% more cast rate. I don't think you need all that Mana.
- The same goes for Silkweave. Use Waterwalk instead.
- Try and get a +Druid/FCR amulet, if you want to be really cool. :)