Please help me decide...

Devastatius

Diabloii.Net Member
Please help me decide...

My Fishymancer is currently lvl 79 and doing fine. He has 17 unspent skill points, and I'm not sure where to put them in. Revives seem too dumb and are expensive, golems are of little use ('cept the clay golem I'm using as a 'slower'), maxing amplify damage is futile, I'm doing fine now. As for skeletal Mage, they do some decent damage when I get some 13373® equipment, and they aren't as dumb as revives...

What do you think?

-Bugatron

aman

Assassin Moderator
well i chose mages over revives and my fishymancer does fine with some extra mages

Nightfish

Diabloii.Net Member
Might want to check the latest installment of the guide. I list every option there... ;) Mages are pretty much worthless, for this build, though. They just get in the way. Basically all they do is great graphical effects.

Devastatius

Diabloii.Net Member
Derrick1001 said:
Have you maxed CE yet?
Yes.

Nightfish said:
Might want to check the latest installment of the guide. I list every option there... ;) Mages are pretty much worthless, for this build, though. They just get in the way. Basically all they do is great graphical effects.
Can you give me a link?

-Bugatron

HBeachBabe

Diabloii.Net Member
revives. revive the right monsters and your wait for that first kill to CE is even shorter. as for being "expensive" how so? they are no more mana intensive than CE, and are cast less often so you may need to drink an extra blue or two more than you already are, which is probably already alot anyway.

sirpoopsalot

Diabloii.Net Member
i think someone in NF's latest guide thread suggested bonespear as something for you to do while you're waiting for enemies to drop. With 17 skill points (+ any you gain) it might be a decent slow killer in Hell.

Nightfish

Diabloii.Net Member
If you max it you'll have over thirty, probably. Which is too much. I think 15-20 is a comfortable number. Then you can always beef up golem mastery a little so that your IK Maul golem lasts a little longer. (read: dies only to iron maiden) A couple more points in amp damage or attract and you're all good.

Personally I wouldn't go for another bonespell. Imo it's just a waste of mana and you won't have a lot of time to cast it anyway before you'll switch to CE. So in the end you'd just be casting 2 bone spears / spirits that don't kill anything while your merc / minions get your first corpse. And once the first corpses appear nothing beats CE.

TalkingDonkey

Diabloii.Net Member
When I reached that point with my Fishymancer I just dumped my points in dim vision. That was a stupid idea, but honestly it really doesn't make any difference one way or the other. Fishymancer's are nigh invulnerable anyways.

Devastatius

Diabloii.Net Member
Nightfish said:
If you max it you'll have over thirty, probably. Which is too much. I think 15-20 is a comfortable number. Then you can always beef up golem mastery a little so that your IK Maul golem lasts a little longer. (read: dies only to iron maiden) A couple more points in amp damage or attract and you're all good.

Personally I wouldn't go for another bonespell. Imo it's just a waste of mana and you won't have a lot of time to cast it anyway before you'll switch to CE. So in the end you'd just be casting 2 bone spears / spirits that don't kill anything while your merc / minions get your first corpse. And once the first corpses appear nothing beats CE.
`

I don't even have an Iron Golem, I don't need another tank :D.

-Bugatron

Hrus

Diabloii.Net Member
IIRC you have already put 20 in revives so why do you ask?
And you know after maxing the obvious skills, it's really a matter of preference. It's that revives are very mana-intense and their duration is so-so. It's uncomfortable or almost impossible to keep 20-30 revives going with you all the time. It's just that most people use only 1-6 Revives in the end.

Nightfish

Diabloii.Net Member
Bugatron said:
I don't even have an Iron Golem, I don't need another tank :D.
Uh... right... Just fyi, Iron Golem isn't there to tank, he's there to deal damage. ;) Doesn't do quite as much as your might merc but made from a semi decent item (IK Maul, very common if you run baal) he can speed up your runs quite a bit. Especially helpful vs the act boss himself.

Hrus, how do you know most people only use 1-6 revives? I'm kinda curious because I always use >10... ;)

Hrus

Diabloii.Net Member
Nightfish said:
Hrus, how do you know most people only use 1-6 revives? I'm kinda curious because I always use >10... ;)
OK, maybe it's only me :) - lazy Hrus

Nightfish

Diabloii.Net Member
Dunno, once you've seen how 20 mighty hell witches tear through baal's minions I think you'll stop being lazy. ;)

Devastatius

Diabloii.Net Member
Hrus said:
IIRC you have already put 20 in revives so why do you ask?
And you know after maxing the obvious skills, it's really a matter of preference. It's that revives are very mana-intense and their duration is so-so. It's uncomfortable or almost impossible to keep 20-30 revives going with you all the time. It's just that most people use only 1-6 Revives in the end.
I haven't spent them until now :D:

10 Revive
4 extra in Golem Mastery
3 Iron Golem
1 Iron Maiden, Lifetap and Lower Resist (is more social in MP).

-Bugatron

Edit: LvL 82 now, so 2 more into Iron Golem, and the rest in Revive :D.