Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Please help -level 60 wizard returning to D3 post RoS

Discussion in 'Wizard' started by heylookapanda, Jan 7, 2015.

1. heylookapanda

heylookapanda IncGamers Member

I have not played Diablo III since 2012. A lot has changed since then and I would really like to get back into the game again. I am quite sure that my build and gear are very much outdated.

Things I am looking for:
    • better build/builds to get me from 60 to 70 solo with no help
    • what gear/stats to look for as I'm leveling
    Any other tips or suggestions would be appreciated.

My profile is below:
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Derpasaur-1962/hero/56534525

Current skills/passives http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#acliOS!XYf!bYYbYZ
    [​IMG]

Current gear/stats
    [​IMG]

2. Flux

Flux Administrator

Nice presentation and I'm not wizard expert enough to say anything about specific builds.

I can say that every item you're wearing will be upgraded by level 70 (if not sooner), and that you'll find things very different and (hopefully) a lot more fun. Adventure Mode and Rifts are much better than grinding campaign mode, you'll get paragon points to distribute, etc.

The changes to gear and all the added legendary affixes will probably direct your build along the lines of "whatever works best with the new gear you find" which is probably better than trying to play out your build in advance. As you're softcore there's no real risk in experimenting or failing, so I'd say just try a lot of stuff as you go from 60 to 70, save up your shards so you can gamble when you hit 70, upgrade the Mystic so you can enchant once you hit 70, and just have fun.

And report back your experience and what the transition is like; I'd be interested in posting main page your "D3V player returns to RoS" article if you created one. It would be interesting to hear what changes you noticed the most, what you liked or disliked, etc.

3. spiffymcbang

spiffymcbang D3 Trade Moderator<br> America, USEast (D2)<br> Ne

A few other tidbits of info for you when you hit level 70:
    you will probably want to be looking for firebirds set items.
    you will want to complete act 1 bounties for the reward which is a chance to get a Ring of Royal Grandeur.
    as flux mentioned not much matters on your way to level 70, it should not be too hard.
    Once you hit level 61 better gems start dropping and you can benefit from those right away.
    Gambling shards is a good way to target certain slots of gear. so if you need boots focus your gambling on those.