Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Please help improve my bowzon

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by SkyMind, Sep 30, 2006.

1. SkyMind

SkyMind IncGamers Member

Please help improve my bowzon

My stats are as follows:
    base str
    ~300 dex
    100 vita
    base energy
    Skills:
    The only thing i maxed is strafe and put 1 point into
    passives and pierce
    i got like 50 skill points to spend and i dont know where to put.

my gear:
    mb faith
    dusk fort
    crappy zon circlet (no ias)
    cats eye
    ravenfrost
    manald heal
    laying of hands
    nos coil
    tearhunch boots (eww)

i also got an anni, will get ztorch soon and most other charms are crap.

My goal is to be able to chaos fast, how should i improve my char.

2. munchkins

munchkins IncGamers Member

get gmb faith for more dmg, and a helm or gloves with ias. i suggest changing cats eye for hilords, and getting a second ravenfrost instead of manald. try to get knockback (giant skull works) or kb gloves.. it helps a lot. for more skills, use andys visage.

skills

max strafe
    max valk
    max (or close) pierce
    get to 50% in all dodges at the very least
    if you want to duel as well, max guided, otherwise put more in critical

get +8 to passive skills for lvl 28 valk.. these are underrated, and my lvl 28 valk can 1 hit some dueling characters believe it or not. there was once a tging bliz sorc who got 1 hitted and subsequently nked by my lvl 28 valk.

you damage will be probably pretty low (like 800-3500 tops) you might want to remake a pure dex build. make sure you have no poison damage or critical strike will not activate. if you want to use andys visage, dont spend extra points in critical

3. SkyMind

SkyMind IncGamers Member

thanks for the advice, but i play on a bad connection so i need the extra vitality to survive the lags. i also got about 100 spare point and im lvl 82 so i can get about 420 dex, should i still remake?

yeah, i'll try to get gmb faith and gskull(with ias jewels?), also i thought laying of hands are good gloves and they do have ias.

4. Leohappy

Leohappy IncGamers Member

mb faith -> get a gmb for primary, harmony on switch for running (if you use hl ammy)
    dusk fort
    crappy zon circlet (no ias) -> m'avina's w/ed-ias jewel
    cats eye -> hl is also an option here
    ravenfrost
    manald heal -> surely you can gamble/buy/find a better leecher for this slot?
    laying of hands
    nos coil
    tearhunch boots (eww) -> wt

ideally you'll wantto get an act2 might merc and equip him with pride for the conc

concerning skills, multishot is king in chaos runs, you'll definitely want lvl 14-16 multi here, and it works a good way off screen as well,which means it's safer to use; strafe for small packs & dia; freezing arrow (1pt) for crowd control

depending on how many players are in the game you'll also need a lifetap wand for dia (in 8pl games it takes a while to kill him, so lt helps keep the merc and yourself alive more easily)

5. KremBanan

KremBanan IncGamers Member

Since you are using a MB, you dont need as much IAS items to reach last breakpoint. Even with a lvl 12 Fana you will need only 48IAS. This you can get from LoH(20) and a socketed Giant Skull (30). That leaves other slots for equipment open, I would reccomend a Atma's Amulet for the CTC Amplify Damage and Razortail belt for the Pierce. These two items will make you kill ALOT faster and is also dirt cheap. For the boots I would suggest Gores, its a close call between them and Wartravelers. On screen the Wt will look like doing more damage, but from Gores you get DS, OP and a little CB. Try both for some CS runs + other areas to see what you think is best.

6. munchkins

munchkins IncGamers Member

i agree with the gores... only use atmas ammy if you already have a lvl 28 valk, otherwise hilords is better
    i didnt know LoH had ias, but if they do then they are a lot better then i remember. another nice glove is draculs, because with life tap there is nothing that can kill you as long as you are always shooting. razortail will save you some points for more dodge perhaps, or multishot, but i like nosferatus coil better.

7. SkyMind

SkyMind IncGamers Member

thanks for the advice, but how can i keep my merc alive in chaos with all those oblivion knights iron maidening him?

8. Leohappy

Leohappy IncGamers Member

throw decoys upfront when you move throgh the cs, and the merc will stay behind action most of the time
    of course this will work best if you use multi