Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Please guide me.

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by RomeoVsJuliet, Oct 7, 2006.

1. RomeoVsJuliet

RomeoVsJuliet IncGamers Member

Please guide me.

I have no barb experience. None. The last time I played a barb was long before LOD.

All I remember was WW and I loved it. Now lets say I was running a ww barb with StormShield and Ebotd zerk. With ack I forgot the name of the attack. The one for killing physical immunes. Given draculs grasp gloves and a life tap wand to start off the ubers.

Would this be sufficient enough to do solo torch runs?

If not frenzy barb since my barbarian is still quite low but does have some points into dexterity i've read a frenzy guide where there were no dexterity. Would frenzy warcry barb be more sufficient for this?

I'd like to be doing chaos runs and i'd prefer to clear it faily quick and just cut through crowds where WW seems to be the best idea for this.

The reason the torch runs strike me as a desirable thing to do with a WW barb is because i'd be selling off my Smiters gear.

2. Spankeh

Spankeh IncGamers Member

ww cant do ubers, but frenzy can easily

3. GreyGhost

GreyGhost Banned

With the setup you mentioned WW would be fun in pvm and you would easily conquer hell.

To perform uber runs, you will need weapons with crushing blow and an attack that hits in rapid succession. Frenzy is the best build for this, using the weapon "last wish" (its designed to be uber-killer).

You can make a multi-purpose frenzy barb to perform basic mf/boss/pit runs, key runs, and ubers by following my guide.

But with stormshield and ebotd WW will be fun, and 1 point in berzerk is all you need to kill physical immunes.

4. sirmessbu

sirmessbu IncGamers Member

With ack I forgot the name of the attack. The one for killing physical immunes

Thats berzerk, and do not expect to leech life from lifetap with it, cause it transfer all your damage in magic damage and only physical damage can leech.

But to get berzerk ya have to put 1 point in concentrate and this should do it.

Would this be sufficient enough to do solo torch runs?

For uber ya need, lots of crushing blow, lifetap and a fast attack that lend its hit.
    Best build for that are smiter since they get fanatism to fasten their attack and smite always hit

I'd like to be doing chaos runs and i'd prefer to clear it faily quick and just cut through crowds where WW seems to be the best idea for this.

Any melee caracter have a hard time in chaos due to the Iron maiden curse, if ya insist on playing with a barb I suggest using berzerk in chaos. Iron maiden does not return the magic damage from berzerk.

The reason the torch runs strike me as a desirable thing to do with a WW barb is because i'd be selling off my Smiters gear.

So you already have a smiter and want to sell him to make a uber tristram barb runner? Unless you seek more challenge thats not the best idea.

As for running ubers using WW thats realy not the best choice since ites like dracs wich chance to cast on striking does not trigger whille using ww. But 1 point in concentrate with a maxed BO should be alright.

Just my 2 cents.