Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Please don't flame, this is a honest question???

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Patch Bug Reports & Suggestions' started by Lordjim, Feb 10, 2004.

1. Lordjim

Lordjim IncGamers Member

Please don't flame, this is a honest question???

After playing this adictive awsome game for 4 years a little each day it happened!!! On ladder last night while killing a goblin in act 1 hell it fell!!! A freeking magic jewel, 15% IAS and 40% ED!!!!!!!!!!!! After I changed my underwear due to the brick I had $hit I was thinking everyone will just say it is duped but I saw it fall and am happy to say it has the green jewel. This makes me happy because I know the blue jewel was the duped US east 40/15 IAS from before the 1.10 patch, the 40/15 max was red it think!

Anyway to my question:

What is actually worth a legit 14/15 IAS jewel to be put in or what should I do with it:

a)Runewords are better than cruels and most rares so using this in a weapon is now for the most part pointless I feel.

b)Use in a SS, perfect or close arriets face, perfect or close gaze, or maybe a perfect uped shaftstop? :scratch:

c)Melee characters are dead so trade it for as many high runes as I can get and make a bone necro/wind druid/hammerdin with enigma armor and cheese it up!!! :rant:

d)Sell it for as much as I can on egay so a duper can get it and make some for all of us addicted fools!!!! :lol:

Any ideas on this would be cool, I'm on USeast FYI!!

PS: Any idea on the value of this on ladder, in high runes please??

Have a nice day!

:howdy:

2. iceball_aarf

iceball_aarf IncGamers Member

Well, it would be perfect in the IK Armour for a concentrate barb... the full set can be quite deadly in that build... there are many other uses, i am sure of that...

3. freakinrican

freakinrican IncGamers Member

Wow, congrats on that find! I pmed Shaperla about this very thing about a month ago, but I never got a response. I take that as meaning no matter that it's on the ladder, ya can't trade it here 8>( . Oh well... anyways, if you're hard up then trade it, but don't let it go for just anything; milk it for all it's worth 'cause not too many people on ladder can claim to have one. Personally, I'd keep it as part of my collection. Just make sure it stays on a permanent char; I had a mule expire on me when I went out of town for 5 days and it had a lotta crafted gear on it, including a 450% ED Ogre Maul (why me?! :hanky: ). CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

4. Dodgy_geezah

Dodgy_geezah IncGamers Member

Nice going dude! I found a 37%ed/15ias jewel and traded it for a stormshield. I probably got screwed but I just really wanted a ss at the time. I've since traded the ss though.... I just can't make up my mind what I want.:)
    For a perfect I reckon you'd get at least vex, if not more.
    As always with trading it depends on how much the person wants it.

5. D'Shay

D'Shay IncGamers Member

congrats....yah on non-ladder I had a 40ed jewel drop...i put it in my lightsaber (wish i had not now, but at the time it really helped)

6. KaesarSosei

KaesarSosei IncGamers Member

You got screwed over big time mate!

7. Dodgy_geezah

Dodgy_geezah IncGamers Member

Hmmm, beginning to think so. I got the ss and was like 'Yes! I finally have one!' then I had no idea what to do with it. I guess that was when I started trading. I was a bit naive. Still, the ss traded well.

8. iamapoorman

iamapoorman IncGamers Member

If you are socketing it, socket it in any one of these: (first thing's first though, make sure you are going to socket it only on PERFECT ITEMS or you're insulting the jewel)

1. Stormshield
    2. IK Armor
    3. Gaze
    4. Arreat's
    5. Leviathan
    6. Upgraded Shaftstop
    7. an already perfect ED Cruel Colossus Blade of Swiftness

Notice that these are mostly melee items. Your jewel will only be useful in melee anyways.

But if I were in your shoes, it will be on Ebay a few minutes after I find it. You will easily make more money from it than selling a perfect annihilus which, IMO, a lot of people have already found (about 4 or 5 on Ebay) but not a lot of 40/15 ias jewels yet.

If you trade it, get nothing less than these:
    1. The top 4 runes -- (they are all duped now, with the right dupe seller they will gladly trade for that but be advised that you will most likely see your jewel on Ebay soon)
    2. The perfect Godliest Elite Uniques: Tyrael's Might, Perfect Death Fathom, Perfect Nightwing Veil ++, you know the rest...
    3. Close to Perfect or Perfect BOTD (eth version)
    4. Close to Perfect or Perfect Chains of Honor or Enigma
    5. Perfect versions of the other godly rune word items. (but I'd go for BOTD, COH or Enigma)

CONGRATS! YOU'RE 4 YEARS OF PLAYING HAVE FINALLY PAID OFF.

9. spiderman2k9

spiderman2k9 Banned

Do not socket it in ik armor.. the ed bonus in armors isn't correctly applied due to a bug in 1.10.. i found that out the hard way (socketed a 40/15max in my armor =(..)

I suggest what iampoor suggested, trade it for godlies, don't socket it in mediocre items aka gaze shaft levi etc.

from iamapoorman, edited by me:
    If you trade it, get nothing less than these:
    1. The top 4 runes -- (they are all duped now, with the right dupe seller they will gladly trade for that but be advised that you will most likely see your jewel on Ebay soon)
    2. The perfect Godliest Elite Uniques: 30% / x fire res / x lite res Death Fathom, Perfect Nightwing Veil ++, you know the rest...
    3. Close to Perfect BOTD eth CB or a high ed eth Zerker

30% deaths fathom goes for 3-4 sojs on us east ladder right now, and who knows what a PERFECt deatahs fathom goes for.. i can only imagine.. 20 duped runes?

Tyreals Might is by far one of, if not, the rarest item in the game, and is worth 8++ duped runes, but if you find someone with it, ofcourse trade it, you'd be makin a hell of a profit.

10. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

Melee characters are dead eh? Say that to my zealot on useast. 4 fps zeal with schaffer's along with some crushing blow/deadly strike and every enemy goes down within seconds. Diablo clone gets ripped apart in 1-2 minutes. Max block keeps him alive in every situation.

11. spiderman2k9

spiderman2k9 Banned

heh.. zealots own especially with exile and eth botd zerk

12. tydon

tydon IncGamers Member

My understanding was that ed in armors was only bugged when the other mod was max. I thought it worked something like 3/4 the ed applies, as well as the max, making it not really worth it...

13. KaesarSosei

KaesarSosei IncGamers Member

FFS! Don't be saying this is true, I stuck a 40% ED jewel in my IK, are you saying it was wasted??!??!

14. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

I believe the ED% part works fine. The part that is screwed up is that max damage on jewels now only adds that exact amount of damage to your total damage. No boost anymore to that max damage from skills, auras, strength, whatever.

15. tydon

tydon IncGamers Member

Maybe its what omik said, but either way your fine with a single modded jewel....

16. Lordjim

Lordjim IncGamers Member

Just for kicks!!!

I put it up on egay today and want to see what happens and how bad some dupers want it. :lol:

I will only offer it this one time just to see and who know soon maybe eveyone will have one!!!! :surprise:

Anyway thanks for all the feedback on my question. It is funny when you find something you always think you will never own and say if I hand a 40/15 I would put it here or I would put it there and then you get one and can't figure what to use it in because you never really thought you would have one!!! :scratch:

:wave: