Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

please answer this question real quick please ..

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Voice, Apr 3, 2004.

1. Voice

Voice IncGamers Member

please answer this question real quick please ..

Okay here it goes if a holy freeze merc is using a facet it on him .... is the -resist effected by the holy freeze or only the the monsters the merc attacks .... ?

And if you were using a 3 socketed armor for merc armor .. what would you put in it ... ed jewels .... or facets if you do elemental damage ..... or something else?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. Shade

Shade IncGamers Member

The Holy Freeze pulse damage will recieve the Facet's +%dmg and -res effects. The added melee damage will only benefit from the -res (IIRC).

Unless you're using an Act 3 merc, use ED jewels in armour rather than Facets. They just don't do enough elemental damage to be worth it (and you don't share their effects).

3. D34D

D34D IncGamers Member

I didnt think that facets worked on a mercs aura and the facet would only affect what he pokes with his stick. Maybe someone in the stats forum could help you with this. If anyone has tested, I'd sure like to know a definate answer for this too. :worship:

As far as 3 socket armor goes, when using an act 2 merc its because i want the bonus from his aura, imho if i could afford to put 3 facets in, i'd rather trade for the enigma runes and have the +2 skills to his aura as well as the dmg reduce, strength, life per kill etc .. not to mention the mf.

4. D34D

D34D IncGamers Member

Shade has answered this for both of us while i was typing my reply, thanks shade. :thumbsup: