Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Please advice on what I should do: 85 yr.old crazy landlady VS. Raffster

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by raffster, Apr 19, 2005.

1. raffster

raffster IncGamers Member

Please advice on what I should do: 85 yr.old crazy landlady VS. Raffster

I had just got off the shower when I heard someone come into my apartment. I was a little worried about who it could be so I made haste and, just wrapping my body with a towel, got out of the bathroom. Our psycho landlady had just come into our apartment, looking around as if she had just stepped into the Nine Planes of Hell. My wife was already awake and washing dishes and because our landlady didn't say a word, both of us looked at each other and decided to keep quiet. I went into the bedroom to change and as soon as I closed the door, our landlady finally broke the silence.

She asked my wife in a very arrogant tone: "Are you looking for a new apartment?"
    My wife calmy responded with her own inquiry: "No, why would we be looking?"
    To which our landlady said: "Well, I'm kicking you out."
    My wife still very calm, "Well, we'll just have to settle this in court."
    "You won't win." She replied in a very mocking tone. And then storms out the door.

Not taking any chances we reviewed our rent contract. There is nothing that we as tenants have done that could give that old hag any ground to kick us out. So we are not quite worried at all about whether there's going to be any roof on our heads in the near future. What worries us is that this old woman is becoming more delusional by the day and might be capable of doing almost anything that could jeopardize our safety. A few months ago while we were still in talking terms she was complaining that she got hit several times by a car while crossing the street. And everyday we'd see her she'd tell the same story. She's definitely losing it.

I am at a loss whether to report her to someone at the city hall so that the state could send her to an appropriate mental health facility, assuming that is necessary. Or just pretend the incident never happened and my wife and I could start looking for a new apartment. One way or the other I know that it's going to get worse from here on forth. I just feel that someone has to put this miserable old hag in her place but at the same time I have tremendous sympathy for her living all alone and lonely.

Has anybody been in this kind of situation before and if so, what did you do? Or what would you do if you were in my situation?

2. Johnny

Johnny Banned

Get some way to baricade the door so she cant get in when you are and arent there.

3. Eff

Eff Banned

i've never been in such a situation and i have no diea what the technicalities are, but it sound slike the best idea would be to get out of there, she's a lot to deal with now, and chances are she will continue to be so...

4. DOC

DOC Off Topic Moderator

Get one of those chains lock things and put it on your door. (assuming its not against your contract). Wait for another incident to happen and if so then contact the better buisness bureau or something. What I see happening is something along the lines of her not kicking you out but losing your rent payments and then using that against you.

5. Garbad_the_Weak

Garbad_the_Weak IncGamers Member

Realistically raff, ask yourself if you want to fight this. Do you want to put yourself and your wife through the hassle when all you get out of it is knowing you are right and maybe saving a little bit of money?

I would just start looking for another place to live.

Garbad

6. Akira

Akira Member

I say fight her in the courts, report her insanity to the men in the white suits and find a new place to live. One that doesn't involve crazy landlords.

7. Stevinator

Stevinator IncGamers Member

I'd just get a lock, if it's allowed and buy her a fruit basket. she'll calm down and leave you alone. she prolly just wants attention. she's lonely.

8. NightShade

NightShade IncGamers Member

I suggest rocks.

Legally, you'd win.

Leaving and reporting her for it as well would most likely be the most prudent course of action

9. ebyworx

ebyworx IncGamers Member

turn her into hamburger and sell her to McD's, I am sure they get people offering to sell landlords to them all the time

10. Necrolestes

Necrolestes IncGamers Member

Two all beef-patties...wait a minute, do cows wear watches?

That explains the quarter-pounder...that's all the meat old landladies have on them.

Honestly, I think you have to have a heart-to-heart about the situation, Raffster. Find out why she wants you gone (or even if she remembers wanting you gone) and go from there.

11. nrabbit

nrabbit IncGamers Member

you should tell her - if you want blood, you've got it :)
    i agree with Akira, fight her in court but in the same time find a new place
    of course you should discuss this with your wife also:)

12. blu3l1ghtn1ng

blu3l1ghtn1ng IncGamers Member

pfff...its none of her business..