Playing with gasoline

LorveN

D3 Off Topic Moderator
ehm, okay? does it really explode that much? They must have hidden something else in it.
Stupid to stand so close when lighting it up though ;)

UserMathias

Diabloii.Net Member
Rapid combustion can do that.

A large amount of fuel burns up (and releases heat) in a very short period of time. Conclusion: It doesn't take 100 litres of gasoline to light a fire.

AeroJonesy

Diabloii.Net Member
Gasoline evaporates fairly quickly, and gasoline vapor is more dense than air. So it settled in all the cracks of the structure. As it reached combustion temperature, it expanded, and then exploded.

The guys were too stupid to realize that even though gasoline burns well, it's not lighter fluid.

The gasoline fumes are what did it. Gas fumes can ignite at something like .4% atmosphere, so it didn't really explode, it just burned the stuff in the air.

cotton

Diabloii.Net Member
{KOW}Spazed said:
The gasoline fumes are what did it. Gas fumes can ignite at something like .4% atmosphere, so it didn't really explode, it just burned the stuff in the air.
Can't get the link to work, but gasoline vapor is much more volatile than liquid. A gas can that is 1/3 full is much more likely to explode than one that is full. A bucket of gasoline in open air is not that dangerous. Lock in an enclosed room and let it evaporate, and the room becomes a bomb waiting for someone to light the fuse.

Ah, lessons learned from youthful indiscretions...

Necrolestes

Diabloii.Net Member
Firestarter

Those two were lucky that they weren't instantly and painfully flash fried. The only ways it would have been worse is if they'd used kerosene or rocket fuel...the end result would still have been a resounding flash-boom followed by screams. I don't understand why people are so fascinated by fire.

hulla-hop

Diabloii.Net Member
Necrolestes said:
The only ways it would have been worse is if they'd used kerosene or rocket fuel...the end result would still have been a resounding flash-boom followed by screams. I don't understand why people are so fascinated by fire.
resounding flashboom...you said it man :) thats why we are fascinated by it :p

LorveN

D3 Off Topic Moderator
why we are fascinated by fire? stupid question! :D
Fire destroys life, fire gives life, fire looks nice, fire is a freaking skill tree in d2 (ehm), fire is also a song by scooter. Do we need more arguments!? :D

Nah, i guess its a part of human nature to like seeing things destroyed in noticable ways. Fire and explosions have always fascinated mankind, the difference is that we nowadays (most people at least) dont think its work of the gods.

P2blr

Diabloii.Net Member
Gimme Fuel,
Gimme Fire,
Gimme that which I desire,
Ooh!

Turn on...I see red
Adrenaline crash & crash my head
Nitro Junkie, Paint me dead
And I see red

One hundred plus through Black and White
War Horse, Warhead
**** 'Em Man, white knuckles tight
Through Black & White

Ohhh, On I Burn,
Fuel is pumping engines,
Burning hard, loose & clean

And I burn,
Churning my direction,
Quench my thirst with Gasoline

So Gimme Fuel,
Gimme Fire,
Gimme that which I desire,

Hey

Turn on beyond the bone
Swallow future, spit out home
Burn your face upon the crome
Yeah!

Take the corner, join the crash,
Headlights, Headlines
Another Junkie lives too fast
Yeah lives way too fast, fast, fast, oohh-aye

Ohhh, On I Burn
Fuel is pumping engines

And On I burn
Churning my direction,

So Gimme Fuel
Gimme Fire
Gimme that which I desire

Yeah-Heah

White Knuckle Tight!
[solo]

Gimmie Fuel.... On I burn, on and on
Gimmie Fire.... On I burn, on and on
My Desire....

Ohhh, On I Burn
Fuel is pumping engines

And I burn
Churning my direction

Gimme Fuel
Gimme Fire
Gimme that which I desire
Ooh

On I Burn!

Lord_Shinnok

Diabloii.Net Member
heh, i posted that movie here a few weeks ago in some thread about either stupidity or for fun.

I'm so ahead of the curve.

Mecal

Diabloii.Net Member
hehe, that sucker was lucky.

what i dont understand, is its a foreign language - and yet the song is an american song? :confused:

bagar

Diabloii.Net Member
Well the page was from Iceland...

I think that pretty much explains the fire obsession. They try to stabilise the elements.

bagar

Diabloii.Net Member
Sure the video was from Germany or at least the text in it. But it is appearing on a icelandic homepage and that was my only point. :)