Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Playing with a friend

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by OpiateChicken, Jul 31, 2010.

1. OpiateChicken

OpiateChicken IncGamers Member

Playing with a friend

Hey, long-time lurker, first-time poster.

A friend and I are playing through Hardcore Ladder on Diablo 2 LoD. He chose to be a summon necro, which I guess is great for PvM; we are going to go through all the quests and level regularly, like the game was meant to be played.

My question to you is, what char should I be? We were going last night, I chose an ele druid because I liked Oak Sage's life effect on his summons. But then I realized that Corpse Explosion is another huge asset to a necro... and a druid using Hurricane will shatter bodies into ice, making them unavailable.

I was thinking about restarting as a Paladin for the auras.. I would want non-physical damage so probably hammerdin. But what is, in your opinion, the best partner for a summon necro that can still do good independently?

(I have no access to high quality gear in that mode btw)

2. Kalkanor

Kalkanor IncGamers Member

Re: Playing with a friend

why non-phys?
    his amp damage "should" get rid of most PIs and 1 point in vengance should take care of any PIs that cant be broken
    and a 1 point smite will stun bosses so his skellies could kill them

3. zrk

zrk IncGamers Member

Yeah hammerdin is the best bet for power gaming if youre gonna choose a pala, helps necro too. Windy can just not use hurricane, its not that big of a loss and synergises great with necro

4. CombatChristian

CombatChristian IncGamers Member

I hope he is making a Fishymancer (20 Raise Skele, 20 Mastery, 20 CE, some curses, revives and golems basically) since it is an extremely powerful build for PvM. to compliment that you could make anything that boosts physical damage (Zealot, Hammerdin, Feral druid with Heart of Wolverine etc.)
    Your other option, which I would choose would be an elementalist of sorts so that you don't get stuck/slowed down on PI's. Viable options: Vengeance Paladin, Martial Arts Assassin (playing this solo atm and loving it) etc. Summon necros really make life easier for the not-so-sturdy melee classes in hell.

5. MYK

MYK Diablo: IncGamers Member

As strong as CE is these days, I really wouldn't base a character around what might shatter corpses or what might not. Just play what you want, there's nothing that doesn't synergize well with a Fishymancer... Except maybe another fishy...

6. oOmpie

oOmpie IncGamers Member

What might be a good addition is an elemental zealot. (A paladin using a fully synergized Holy Freeze or Holy Shock aura and a maxed Zeal).

Since you seem to be playing untwinked (without bringing in items from outside) a lot of builds will falter when you get to Hell difficulty.

The summoner won't suffer too much from this and imho it would be wise to take a build that can get useful on mediocre items. When you get an elemental zealer some crushing blow (Strength or Black runeword weapon for instance) you get a toon that offers a big chunk of elemental dmg, is a fast boss killer and in the case of a frost zealer provides a ton of security in addition to the skellies.