Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Playing two chars at the same time?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by zrk, Oct 16, 2010.

1. zrk

zrk Diabloii.Net Member

Playing two chars at the same time?

Hey, anyone tried playing several chars simultaneously, over tcp? Im doing a 1.00 run-through and its pretty exciting, killing stuff with my barbar and then blowing all the corpses up with necro:yes:. Much more mechanically demanding to manage the chars at same time, though in pre 1.10 versions the unlimited experiance radius makes it less of a chore

2. kestegs

kestegs D3 Monk Moderator

Re: Playing two chars at the same time?

interesting, I assume you are running it on 2 separate computers?

I always did this on bnet, I would bring a chanter or BOer in on my second computer, but never really played them at the same time.

3. Arkardo

Arkardo Diabloii.Net Member

I've been playing with the thought of running Baal with two or more characters. The first one would be my level 94 pure lightning Sorceress, and the second one my level 91 Counsil Whirler. The idea is that the barb buffs up the sorc with warcries, the sorc teles, and then the barb comes in, with a Prayer merc wielding Insight (= double healing) . A third character could be a Paladin with some nice aura going on. Probably has been done before, but I find the thought to be intruiging.

You could also play with a skelliemancer and any other character; you mainly control the other character, while you make sure the skelliemancer keeps up. The skeletons provide safety in case you mess up ^^.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2010
  4. hubb

hubb Diabloii.Net Member

Gogo enchantress. Awesome when teamed up with a fishy, or really any barb. My grief/holy shock pali with 3k enchant is quite fun at the moment :D

5. kestegs

can you back that up, I have heard that a few times, but everything I know about synergies says that that would not actually do anything, as insight does not give you any hard points in meditation.

I find that trying to play multiple charachters can become cumbersome and tedious, but if it works for you then it can make for some deadly combinations.

6. hubb

hubb Diabloii.Net Member

Insight does not give you any hard points in meditation, yes, but the merc has hard points in prayer. He has the prayer aura plus the meditation aura from insight (synergised by prayer) running separately.

7. Arkardo

Arkardo Diabloii.Net Member

I've given this some more thought, and I came up with this setup:
    • Lightning Sorceress with Infinity merc
    • Any Barbarian with BO maxed, maybe Shout too, with a Might merc
    • A Paladin wielding Insight, and has max'd Prayer and Cleansing, with a Defiance merc.

The sorc and the barb should be self-explanatory. The Paladin makes sure the poison from wave 2 does not do too much damage and receives the Prayer synergy. The Insight gives mana regeneration with another dose of healing. The Defiance merc just gives another aura, though it's not that useful.
    The barb and the paladin should have defensive equipment, as you're not going to have much time controlling them. Stuff that comes to mind are Vampire Gaze, Stormshield, Verdungo's, etc. The mercs could use the Kira's Guardian/Guardian Angel combo.

Wow, I'm giving this way too much thought.

8. kestegs

makes sense, I don't know why I had not considered the fact that a prayer merc does have hard points n prayer :banghead: Thanks for clearin it up for me