Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Playing again after 6 years.

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Shiozaki, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Shiozaki

Shiozaki IncGamers Member

so i pulled my diablo2 folder and gomule folders off my old laptop, i was running veriosn 1.07 too 1.11 and its was all set up and working, but i did it years ago and im assuming i just need to reinstall and start setting everything up from scratch but im no sure where to start, should i just install 1.07 from my old disk? how should i proceed from there.

another concern in gomuleis acting starange, i cant seem to open my characters and look at there items there all jusdt blank,maybe im opening the wrong files lol, im thinking about starting from scratch save for one item from my first rack run in 1.07 since i want things as legit as possible.

most ofd the old verison switch guides have all the links are dead so things arent as clear as back when.

2. Haywire

Haywire IncGamers Member

We

3. Haywire

Haywire IncGamers Member

Welcome back. I don't have any suggestions other than waiting for more informed help. If this is your old laptop, wait for further guidance. Best of luck

4. srrw

srrw IncGamers Member

Bliss' Version Switcher does okay. I prefer separate install tho. The stickies have most of the information you need.

Welcome back!

5. T72on1

T72on1 IncGamers Member

Welcome back !!

I find the easiest way to reinstall is to register your Diablo and LoD key on your Blizzard account and then download and install. But you could install from the discs too and patch from there by logging into BNet.

Characters are stored in a different place than they used to be. Maybe that's the issues with GoMule? Having said that, there's only one proper way to start playing after such a long hiatus: start all over from scratch, and get motivated by joining the untwinked 99er challenge. As you can see in the Hall of Fame and the table of Questing Heroes, it's a recipe for success :).

Zyr, Kitteh and AlexTheNextOne like this.
  6. pharaoh

pharaoh IncGamers Member

I'm pretty sure GoMule doesn't support versions older than v1.10. If you want to load up those v1.07 characters, you'll need to use ATMA.

zemaj and T72on1 like this.
  7. Kitteh

Kitteh IncGamers Site Pal

In softcore :p

8. galtwish

galtwish IncGamers Member

Welcome back!

9. zemaj

zemaj IncGamers Member

Well @pharaoh stole my advice, so I guess I'll leave it at welcome back! :)

10. Friiser

Friiser IncGamers Member

Welcome back! Many take breaks, even long ones, but we all end up back here.

11. pharaoh

pharaoh IncGamers Member

That's so true. My last hiatus was probably a year and a bit, but I'm back at it. I'm planning to introduce a friend who, sadly, has not experienced this gem; we'll see how that goes.

As a side benefit, in order to get D2 to run smoothly on my current Win8.1 (ugh, puke) machine, I needed to use the Glide wrapper. Not only does the game run great now (even Shenk's death explosion and Chilling Armor + Inferno/Arctic Blast aren't an issue), but I can also record gameplay footage easily, which is surprising, since this machine isn't exactly a powerhouse.