Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

/playersx command question

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by HappyPuppy, Feb 3, 2004.

1. HappyPuppy

HappyPuppy IncGamers Member

/playersx command question

This is probably a dumb question, so I'll follow it up with another stupid one to try and save face, but just make myself look like more of a dope.
    Does the /playersx command affect how many items are dropped? I'm guessing it does. What other advantages does it have? Is it pretty much just experience and whatnot?
    Better question: Are there any other commands like this one? Where might I be able to learn about those?
    Thanks.

2. Shadow_247

Shadow_247 IncGamers Member

More players in a game (which is exactly what /players x simulates) decreases the chance of NoDrop, and also increases the number of items dropped. Other advantages are more experience and of course the added challenge.

I'm not a big single-player.... player, so I can't answer you 2nd question as well.
    /players x - you know that one
    /fps - shows fps and other info on screen
    /framerate - same as /fps but shows cache info
    /nopickup - You can only pickup items when holding alt

Those are the only ones I know, if there are others someone will know

3. retrovamp

retrovamp IncGamers Member

I'm super newbie so, this command only works for offline play am i correct?

4. GIR

GIR Banned

Correct.

Right now I'm only on a 56k so I get a lot of lag on bnet, so I've been doing SP a lot lately. The challenge of 8 player games is fun. Right now I'm doing Nightmare. So far not too many troubles at all. Andariel was a pain, though. Might have to lower it for future bosses, but we'll see.

5. DurfBarian

DurfBarian IncGamers Member

It also works for TCP/IP games. The host of the game has to enter the command, but you can play /players 8 games with two people in the game, for instance.

6. azn_gamer2003

azn_gamer2003 IncGamers Member

Yes it does affect the number of items dropped. I can only play online on weekends and during that time i play single player /players 8 mode. When i run around, i tend to run into very large pack, and since im a hammerdin, i have lots of fun. After i'm finished, and i press alt to see what to pick up, its like i walked into one of the side rooms of the lower level of the countess's tower. Items all over. and if your mf is high enuf most of them are goin to be high level items, sets, uniques, good magic, staves with a lot of + skills, and sometimes exceptional/elite items (depending on difficulty). Also, the experience goes up 8 fold. Im doing norm baal runs at lvl 55 on players 8 mode and im making about half my exp bar for the entire thing (monsters i run into to get to baal, minions, and baal himself) REALLY FUN hope thsi was useful