Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

/players command bug, or not...

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Kevin William Cox, Oct 2, 2006.

1. Kevin William Cox

Kevin William Cox IncGamers Member

/players command bug, or not...

Hi all, I've been grailing a lot lately and came across a problem I noticed when doing so. I use RRM only, and I don't think it contributes to the problem. I start up D2 with RRM on, run my barb who is a lvl 92 on players 8 cause... well just cause he can, lol, more exp. for me. Then after a while, I decide to run my sorc. I don't re-start D2, I just change charectars, and go into game with my sorc to MF. She is lvl 81 and can't quite handle Players 8 with her gear yet, so I set to players 3. BUT... she gets her A double S handed to her royaly ever game I make. And ever game after that.

Upset and PO'd, I quit and do something else for a while. Then I restart D2 and run my sorc again, kill fine, no problems. To me it seems, once I set players command to a high number it stays there until I restart D2 again. In other words, even if I set it at a lower lvl in another game with another charectar, it still seems to be running at Players 8, until I re-start D2 entirely.

I don't know if this is a bug or not, I tried to search this but found nothing, though it could be my fault on that, maybe I didn't try hard enough. I've never seen any posts on this yet, but there might be some. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thx in advance.

Kev

2. Mursilis

Mursilis IncGamers Member

That's interesting as I've done what you've done in terms of changing characters and then resetting the player command and I haven't encountered that problem. The settting seems to change when I want it to, to the level I wish.

If you reset the player command in the same game (the one with your barbarian), does this continue or does the player setting actually change?

3. trihero

trihero IncGamers Member

Hmm, never encountered your exact bug. The players settings you leave it on does remain as long as you don't quit d2, so if you were doing p8 with one char then quit and started another char, it would still be at p8, but you can adjust it at any time as well...

Just make sure you adjust the settings before you spawn a monster; once you spawn a monster at a setting it will remain with the enhanced hp. So if you realized suddenly you were on p8 and wanted p1, any monsters you already spawned would still be p8 hp, but the rest should be p1 once you set it back to p1.

4. forbidenorc

forbidenorc IncGamers Member

Ive known that for a while does it to me and i thought it was normal. I dont think its a bug i think it just works that way. Just dont forget to take it off:thumbsup:

5. Spearthrower

Spearthrower IncGamers Member

That's the way it works as far as I know.... and always has been.

Once you set the /players command it stays in effect until you quit the game.

You could simply change the /players setting when you load up your sorc to a level more appropriate e.g. /players 4 or whatever.

6. Are

Are IncGamers Member

Check the message log to make sure it actually says "[character] sets players to 3" when you change.. Perhaps you made a typo when doing that, in which case you'll see the typo instead.

7. Suiling

Suiling Banned

Spearthrower, quit game as in quitting entirely?

8. Spearthrower

Yeah, I mean - quit out to desktop.... not just to the menu. If you load D2, load a character, type /players 8... then go back to the menu and load another character.... they will still have the /players 8 setting.... so you need to either

a) Quit back to desktop
    or
    b) When you load a new character, type /players x (whatever number you need here)

Edit: Just noticed that now post 1.09, 8 players is the maximum.... anyone remember trying players 255? :grin:

9. Kevin William Cox

Kevin William Cox IncGamers Member

I've tried to set it back when I change to my sorc, and it doesn't seem to work for me. It seems I have to go back to desktop and re-start the CD before it resets to normal. I guess it could be my computer or CD versions. I installed with a 1.00 version of D2 and later upgraded with 1.07 LOD. I am running 1.11b right now. I don't think that makes a difference, so I don't know what it is. I thought maybe someone here might have the same problem, but looks like it's just me. I have played long enough to know the difference so I'm not just makeing stupid mistakes here. Guess I'll just have to restart CD if I wanna bring the players command down, or play my sorc first then upgrade to the barb. Thanks for all the replies guys.

Kev

10. PSYCHO

PSYCHO IncGamers Member

I used to run Mephisto in Hell at players 64 every single run.

11. Suiling

Suiling Banned

Player 255.... It take you a day to kill a normal stat zombie in Hell Blood Moor.

12. Spearthrower

Yeah..... but what a great day! :)