Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Players are Invisible in LOD bnet

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Patch Bug Reports & Suggestions' started by killjoyxlx, Sep 28, 2006.

1. killjoyxlx

killjoyxlx IncGamers Member

Players are Invisible in LOD bnet

Im having random bugs where some players will not show up on the screen, but thier mercs/summons/and random items can be seen fine. They also apear on the map...

How do i fix this.

2. superdave

superdave IncGamers Member

did you look under all the nearby rocks?

3. killjoyxlx

wow im glad there are some people in here that think they are funny...otherwize im sure thier life would just suck

4. nicro tower

nicro tower Diablo: IncGamers Member

are u on open? cos theres a hack on open wich lets u be invisible :) and i have it :p

5. superdave

superdave IncGamers Member

you always walk around with your panties in such a tight bunch?

nicro tower...it's usually not a good idea to mention that you use hacks...even if you do play open.

6. Quietus

Quietus IncGamers Member

When asking for help, try not to be rude, it's not conducive to anything.

As Nicro mentioned, there are hacks on open that allow players to turn invisible. If you're on closed, then I don't know what to tell you.

7. killjoyxlx

Can anyone explain what open vs close is talking about... i play HC ladder...

Update on status....now im not even showing up when i enter the game. Some random people do look normal, but others dont. Mercs and mobs still show up fine.

Someone told me to hit f11...but that was only affecting the automap show player

if anyone else has ideas please help...as i have already died once from this bug

8. Gorny

Gorny Banned

Are you using any mods or third party apps?

As to Open/closed can you use the same character in SP and online?

In closed Realms (UsEast, UsWest, Europe, etc.) you cannot used characters created in those realms in SP play, since they are "closed" realms.

9. killjoyxlx

No mods (yet) just a fresh full install with new patch. I have some windows programs running like style xp and aim...but nothing that should affect d2...

I play closed (uswest i think)

checked the support issues to...nothing there that was really like my issue..
    i think it might be something in my registry thats didnt install properly...but it changes on diff people...thats whats really odd

hertz or resolution shouldnt affect this right?

10. WarlockCC

WarlockCC Diablo Classic Moderator

In 1.10 it was possible to 'turn invisible' by certain actions. Something that makes this 'method' stand out is the large lagspike you get when you get close to the area in question. When you walk towards such an area, you could be stuck for 2 seconds or more.

I am not going to explain what exactly this is, or even hint at it(even though I may already have typed too much, in which case the mods should edit it out), since that will lead to people experimenting. Mods are offcourse free to message me and I will tell them all I know concerning.

This method, even though it does not involve altering Diablo in any way or using any other program, could be considered a hack, since it is not a normal mode of play. Hence it has no place on DiabloII.

If you got a big lagspike in the games where it happened, this might be the method they where using. I doubt this method would be mass-used.

For those who know the method, please don't reply it here, just pm it to the mods and they will be able to verify if that is the one I was talking about.

11. Zeoth

Zeoth IncGamers Member

Re: Players are Invisible in LOD bnet

Ditto, I can't see my party either..