Player Not Found?

Orphan

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Player Not Found?

It means the player has been deleted and re-created by someone else. I had the same thing happen with one of my characters awhile ago. I attribute it to a server glitch that somehow let another user create a character with the same name.

GramInMyPocket

Diabloii.Net Member

It means the player has been deleted and re-created by someone else. I had the same thing happen with one of my characters awhile ago. I attribute it to a server glitch that somehow let another user create a character with the same name.
im pretty sure that isnt that case. the name isnt common and the character still appears on the ladder

Orphan

Diabloii.Net Member

im pretty sure that isnt that case. the name isnt common and the character still appears on the ladder
One way or another the character files are gone. Here's when it happened to me: http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/7756/diideathcharnotfoundfz7.jpg. I spoke with Evan from Blizzard who gave me pretty much the response above.

The ladder rankings would be separate to the character files themselves, so you still being ranked on the ladder doesn't mean much. Likewise, if the character had been re-created on non-ladder it wouldn't affect your ladder rank. Of course it is possible that the character hasn't been re-created, but as mentioned above one way or another the character files are no longer there.

GramInMyPocket

Diabloii.Net Member

ok well if the files are gone, then what is the reason for it. i was on this character earlier today. and all of a sudden the files are deleted?

Orphan

Diabloii.Net Member

It's possible Blizzard could have had some issues with their server when it happened. Basically, only Blizzard would be able to answer that.

SaveMeJebus

Diabloii.Net Member

same ****ing thing just happened to me... with my sorc that I was playing with earlier this afternoon. just got home and went to sign on... "player not found."

not that it will give me any satisfaction other than yelling at someone, but who the hell do you email/call re this?