Playable Demo @ Blizzcon = Act 4?

Adree

Diabloii.Net Member
Playable Demo @ Blizzcon = Act 4?

Hi all,

So I've seen the new wizard armor set, which looks pretty great. But I think the best part about this little update is that we can deduce some cool info. from a twitter post:

"Diablo: @Teh_Dingo Intended for end of normal, so, items looking like this would start in the late 20's."

Also, from this post from Bashiok:

"Every Tuesday and Thursday leading up to BlizzCon on October 22 we'll be sharing a behing-the-scenes sneak peek at gear looks that will be featured in the playable demo at the event. Please enjoy!"

So, the set items we are seeing should be falling in towards the end of normal. These item sets will be available during the gameplay demo at Blizzcon, so I think it's pretty safe to assume we'll be seeing Act 4 on October 22/23?

What do you think of this? Personally, I'd rather not see any more of the game itself, so there are still some surprises and places to explore once the game is released, but of course, I'll watch every scrap of video or take in any screenshot I can find like any other good-natured rabid Diablo III fan.

Last edited:

Mackan

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Playable Demo @ Blizzcon = Act 4?

I doubt they will show something from the last Act. They might want to keep that top secret just like they did back in the Diablo 2 days. But with Bashiok saying no to Act 3 being the new demo, who knows. Frankly, I have no idea what they will show.

I don't mind seeing more of the game, because I know it's just scratches on the surface.

AxeX

Diabloii.Net Member

It won't be act 4. They can very well just have us play Act 1 Nightmare. Or shove us back into act 1 and 2 with our l33t gear. The demo is to show the gameplay, they're not going to reveal anything they don't have too.

sicilian

Diabloii.Net Member

It's more likely that they'll just let you have overpowered gear in an earlier act so that you can see the most content possible in your 15 minutes. Imagine only getting 15 minutes of diablo 2 (assuming you'd never played it before) with Act 1 appropriate gear... you'd clear one zone, maybe two if you found the entrance quick enough.

konfeta

Diabloii.Net Member

I wonder if they will try to include transformation of previous areas for act 4. The trailer hinted at a huge demonic invasion, would be a shame to waste that by not having previous visited cities burn.

Hyliangod

Diabloii.Net Member

they could also just go over act1 again (i hope) in normal and just have the sets drop or be quest rewards just not have their stats geared for what it will be in the final game.

Flux

Administrator

no way act 4. I'd be shocked if we even get a glimpse of it pre-game. we didn't with d2, and they were far freer with the info releases back in 2000 than they are now.

I'd hoped for act 3 this year, but Bashiok ruled that out. so apparently it'll just be some later portion of act 2, with our 20ish level demo chars.

raveharu

Diabloii.Net Member

So, the set items we are seeing should be falling in towards the end of normal. These item sets will be available during the gameplay demo at Blizzcon, so I think it's pretty safe to assume we'll be seeing Act 4 on October 22/23?

What do you think of this? Personally, I'd rather not see any more of the game itself, so there are still some surprises and places to explore once the game is released, but of course, I'll watch every scrap of video or take in any screenshot I can find like any other good-natured rabid Diablo III fan.
They won't reveal act3-4, much less even allow to play demos in them. Maybe a few teaser screenshots prior to release, but nothing else.

I don't want them to anyway.

Adree

Diabloii.Net Member

no way act 4. I'd be shocked if we even get a glimpse of it pre-game. we didn't with d2, and they were far freer with the info releases back in 2000 than they are now.

I'd hoped for act 3 this year, but Bashiok ruled that out. so apparently it'll just be some later portion of act 2, with our 20ish level demo chars.
Fair enough, I hope you're right!

cacophony

Diabloii.Net Member

I personally would like Nightmare Act I, but that would be pretty tough for your average demo user.

Apocalypse

Diabloii.Net Member

i remember the race to act 4 with my friends just to be the first to see it. few people cheated and found pics online. i hope we we do not get a single screen shot of act 4 before the release

In the name of Zod

Diabloii.Net Member

Well we already know that the 4th act will be the smallest. It will probably be the last area to be developed thus it will probably have the best graphics. It could be hellish if D is there so the last issue is how it will be populated oh yeah, and how can we interact with the environment there.

lone_wolf

Diablo: IncGamers Member

i hope they dont repete that mistake with act 4. Heck act 4 in diablo 2 was a joke it was over so fast that you where halfway through it without even trying.

since it is the last act it should be longest and largest when it comes to content. otherwise we just have a repete of diablo 2 when it comes to pure length on the acts and they where all small.

Moonfrost

Diabloii.Net Member

I think the content is being developed simultaneously. Even so, it's not like they can't go back and update previous acts to whatever standard Act 4 may set.

Anyway, I'm guessing some kind of Act 2 boss battle, hence the use of the overpowered late 20s chars.

AxeX

Diabloii.Net Member

Wouldn't a boss battle kind of be a spoiler?

konfeta

Diabloii.Net Member

They could just shove in a mini-boss battle ala The Siege Breaker. No real storyline spoiler, just a big loot pinata for everyone to happily crack open and then subsequently cry when they get kicked off without gently caressing their phat loot.

i hope they dont repete that mistake with act 4. Heck act 4 in diablo 2 was a joke it was over so fast that you where halfway through it without even trying.

since it is the last act it should be longest and largest when it comes to content. otherwise we just have a repete of diablo 2 when it comes to pure length on the acts and they where all small.
Jay Wilson confirmed that Act IV will be the smallest act just like D2's Act IV. Act I isn't dark, Act II isn't dark.. So it leaves Act III and Act IV which will be a half act at best. Means in the best scenerio we'll have 1.5 dark acts. But I even doubt that.

The game's will get darker towards to end, the game needs contrast, not even pre-pre-alpha etc. All of them were started to fall down one by one.

Still i keep my real judgement for Blizzcon.

Moonfrost

Diabloii.Net Member

Wouldn't a boss battle kind of be a spoiler?
Not necessarily, just something that shows off the boss fight mechanics and such. Konfeta's Siegebreaker is a good example. We've had two "run around and kill stuff" demos so far so I'd expect a new element in the third.

AxeX

Diabloii.Net Member

Not necessarily, just something that shows off the boss fight mechanics and such. Konfeta's Siegebreaker is a good example. We've had two "run around and kill stuff" demos so far so I'd expect a new element in the third.
True.

As long as its not a boss that has a ton of lore or is part of the story, like say King Leoric, then I'd be fine with it.

Release the generic boss monster!